RC100 Project started **FINISHED**

ok a few more pics just to keep the thread up to date.

The cranks have been stripped rewelded properly, cleaned and ready for rechroming.( I know is not original but I preferred the chromed look and I wasn't keen on the red powder coated parts when new.)

The magura mounts were badly fettled by me when I was 18 on a weight saving mission, so i have cleaned them up on the cnc and they are about to be stripped and black powder coated. also cnc'd the bar clamp of the brake lever to bring it back to original spec.

The cable mount mods are back in a variety of colours along with all of the old blue anodised stuff.

Got to say very impressed with the quality of the anodising. If you live in the dorchester area and need some quality stripping and reanodising, Give Noel a ring at Dorset Aluminium Products 01305 265235 He will sort you out at a very reasonable cost. Failing that drop me a pm as I'm always sending stuff off there (black and silver mainly)

Attachments

• DSC00345a.JPG
    DSC00345a.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 3,078
  • DSC00347a.JPG
    DSC00347a.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 3,076
  • DSC00358a.JPG
    DSC00358a.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 3,076
More pics

Attachments

• DSC00377a.JPG
    DSC00377a.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,072
  • DSC00379a.JPG
    DSC00379a.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 3,072
  • DSC00342a.JPG
    DSC00342a.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 3,072
Just to keep things going in the right direction I have some wheel choices to make regarding the final build

Might need some advice from the forum here:
the choices are
A) Spin front and rear
B) Disk Drive Pro (Rear) and Spinergy (Front)
C) Original Pace hubs(somewhere in shed) F&R laced up to some Mavic 231's (yet to aquire)

A and B are pictured below but not on the pace so you will have to use your imagination for this and option C

Cheers in advance for your help.

Attachments

• DSC00337a.JPG
    DSC00337a.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 3,066
  • DSC00336a.JPG
    DSC00336a.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 3,066
Raymond_mole":22lhfa7i said:
Just to keep things going in the absolutely polar opposite to good taste direction I have some wheel choices to make regarding the final build

:shock:
If you put Spins, Spinergys or any other tat on it I will use the power of the internet to hunt you down and burn them... :roll:

Only joking!

...actually on second thought; no, I mean it. While I'm at it, get that tat off that poor Attitude as well. Option C - you know it makes sense.

What are you doing with the maguras? Just milling them or something else? Nice work on the cable guides.

Raymond_mole":1w10aadu said:
Just to keep things going in the right direction I have some wheel choices to make regarding the final build

Might need some advice from the forum here:
the choices are
A) Spin front and rear
B) Disk Drive Pro (Rear) and Spinergy (Front)
C) Original Pace hubs(somewhere in shed) F&R laced up to some Mavic 231's (yet to aquire)

My opinion and mine only is that putting spins or a Disk Drive on a Pace would be a heinous crime....Mavic 231's would be much more 'correct' ;)

Looks like you have the skills to match Andyl so this could turn out to be a BOTM/Top Drawer resto :)

Neill

Back