Which Burner is this?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
1386_3.JPG

Just won on the bay. Think it's a mk2 team mag. Close?

yup mate ;) it's the team styler from 87'

there were three done in team colour's

the team areo pro ( a tange made frame )

the Andy Ruffell team burner ( standard Mk2 Raleigh burner frame )

and the Raleigh team styler ( styler is the follow on model after the burner range - this was Raleigh's attempt at keeping themselves alive in the bmx game and a chance to use up parts left in the stock cupboard - the was the renegade from Raleigh which was either a Mk1 or Mk2 frame with what ever bits they could find to use up )

the bike you have there looks clean - the aeroyal seat is sort after if in good shape - SR stem - Raleigh mags are good (but don't do any big jumps or you might regret it :shock: ) white tange grips - reflectors are missing and the tyre's would have been black with white walls - watch that chain and maybe get some chain Mk2 chain tensioners as the have a habit of jumping of and high siding you (been there, got the scars :cry: )

cheers B ;)

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":2l0mk27n said:
yup mate ;) it's the team styler from 87'

there were three done in team colour's

the team areo pro ( a tange made frame )

the Andy Ruffell team burner ( standard Mk2 Raleigh burner frame )

and the Raleigh team styler ( styler is the follow on model after the burner range - this was Raleigh's attempt at keeping themselves alive in the bmx game and a chance to use up parts left in the stock cupboard - the was the renegade from Raleigh which was either a Mk1 or Mk2 frame with what ever bits they could find to use up )

the bike you have there looks clean - the aeroyal seat is sort after if in good shape - SR stem - Raleigh mags are good (but don't do any big jumps or you might regret it :shock: ) white tange grips - reflectors are missing and the tyre's would have been black with gun walls - watch that chain and maybe get some chain Mk2 chain tensioners as the have a habit of jumping of and high siding you (been there, got the scars :cry: )

cheers B ;)

Cheers for the info :cool:

Sadly the ebay seller is no longer responding to my emails. Will have to keep at it.... :(

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":2je9bov4 said:
so you bought it and the seller is not sending it ? you paid ? how long has it been ? have you e-mailed ebay or paypal ?

lmk B ;)

The item is in France. Before the item ended he gave me a rough quote on postage which he said he would conifrm should I win. I did :cool:

Requested an invoice and emailed a few times. Nowt so far, just hope he's taking his sweet time sorting out post. If not nevermind, no cash sent...

the french can be a bit layed back - proberly haven sex right now :roll:

keep at him with the pm's and such

if he sends it - is he brakin the bike into parts to get it in a smaller box - say 120x65x25 which the rest of us bmxer's use

can i asked what you paid for it and what his quote for shipping is ? you can pm me with info if you want - or you don't have to say ;)

cheers B ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
shipping sounds about right and price is fare for it ;)

here's two pic's of it

original spec

TeamMag.jpg

Julian taffs - slight change of parts

28.jpg

if you get it (good luck) what are you going to do with it ? ride as is or resto it ?

B ;)

Nice one on the pics and scan - waiting for my Burner catalogue CD as we speak.

No huge plans for it. Kind of looks ok in the pics, hoping a good clean, bit of touch up, set of pads and perhaps a back brake will bring it up.

Then maybe I'll take it up the local BMX track for a spin. It'll have to be in term time though, my skillz are sh*t :LOL:

Back