Raleigh Team Burner

Hi guys i love my Burners :!: I will post some photos of my collection in a few ;) Lets know what yous think :?:

hondadominator":23gvones said:
[img
SNC17936.jpg
[/img]

Hi all - the bike with the black OJK's is mine - Simon there has a TAP - mine is a AR

TAP = team aero pro ( tange frame - better and lighter - skyways - tange forks - kashimax seat )

AR = Andy Ruffell team burner - standard burner mk2 frame - aeroayal seat ~ i changed over to mags for the London ride - and seat post was just to be comfortable and length )

TS = Team styler - twin tubes on the bars ( last of the Raleigh bmx's to be made ~ mk1 - mk2 burners and styler range )

i changed my mags back to spokes and bars over to cw copys - still need a better seat post ;)

SNC18722.jpg

SNC18735.jpg

SNC18737.jpg

SNC18743.jpg

SNC18731-2.jpg

cheers B ;)

Not sure they made the Reynolds frames in Team Colours as those colours were introduced at the same time as the Tange framed bikes so they used them instead.

hondadominator":233oucnh said:
Not sure they made the Reynolds frames in Team Colours as those colours were introduced at the same time as the Tange framed bikes so they used them instead.

So did the team race reynolds frames in a different livery to the standard 'Team Colours'? Who welded up the Tange frames?

John":2agwybw9 said:
hondadominator":2agwybw9 said:

So did the team race reynolds frames in a different livery to the standard 'Team Colours'? Who welded up the Tange frames?

I know Craig Schofield had a Blue factory spec Reynolds frame that the team used. He still has it and brought it to a Burner Bash once.

The Tange frames were made by Tange in Japan and were of a similar spec to the Kuwahara Laserlite. However there are some Team Frames out there that were also made by Kouzumi and are identical to the Tange frames in every way except the serial number position. These frames have the serial numbers on the rear right dropout, where as the Tange frame have them on the BB shell.

there was also PRO Burner 82'/83' which was made with different frame geometry and the USA Ramper R11XL made with reynolds tubing - both a lot lighter and the PRO was raced by scoffield

Raleigh America parts - RAMPER - which is Raleighs US side

The shop I had my ultra from had the 82 pro in stock. It looked so cool but was silly money IIRC?

Got any pictures of it.

I feel the need for an ultra burner coming on :)

I've got a super Tuff burner sat languishing in my folks garage.

Will dig it out and post pics when i go back...might even bring it back with me

Back