1989 UK Mountain Bike Championships on YouTube

clockworkgazz":28b7hq7i said:
great link and welcome to retro bike- what was the dayglow bike phil was using as his typical "mountain bike"?

I've got 'MBK' stuck in my head but I might be wrong.

What a crap course - more cyclo-x But who won???
Great to watch. And see some great riders :D

Great ..... Not so much looking forward to part 2 & 3 now :roll: :LOL:

Russell":285112o6 said:
clockworkgazz":285112o6 said:
great link and welcome to retro bike- what was the dayglow bike phil was using as his typical "mountain bike"?

I've got 'MBK' stuck in my head but I might be wrong.

Reminded me of MBK too... :)

I think that was MBK as well.

Other observations...

MS Racing, in the flesh! I remember seeing one in my LBS back then, but have never seen one since, not even here (I don't think!)

Wheel covers....there was at least one wheel cover there (Cosmic? Revolver? Who knows!) WTF did we think we were on to be riding those?

flyingwelshman":1o5f56n9 said:
Now that was a proper mountain bike race :D

well done on 3rd looked like a bit of a nightmare course, was it nice or was it 'orrible to see the much younger self? What were you riding, didn't look like an orange?

clockworkgazz":1xbdi9ag said:
flyingwelshman":1xbdi9ag said:
Now that was a proper mountain bike race :D

well done on 3rd looked like a bit of a nightmare course, was it nice or was it 'orrible to see the much younger self? What were you riding, didn't look like an orange?

I was riding a Clockwork Orange which I still have in original condition even down to the same tyres that I used in 89. It was a unique course with a hike up a mountain and a few rivers to ride or carry through, think I was out there for over three hours which suited me.

have seen your bike and it still looks great- course looked testing to say the least- hope you have aged as well as the clockwork.

Back