Mavic Rear Mech

Simod

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I knew i had this somewhere in the garage.

How many of these are still about?
Haven't seen any for years.

Attachments

• Mavic.jpg
    Mavic.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,958
reminds me I used to have a Campag rear mech that was a kind of browny metallic colour from around 1990 - what would that have been?

Thats nice
I remember my mate had the full groupset, what happened to mavic components? too expensive? mate loved his, reckoned he could strip em down and rebuild em and could get spares, Dont see shimano doing that!

Oooh do let me know if you want rid of it as I have a couple of bikes with mavic bits and bobs (mechs, shifters, headsets etc) and would love one of those ones! They are the most strippable mechs out there, although parts are now non existant and they have the added down side of using stupid 'mavic' sized cable outers rather than normal sized ones!

Mavic have stopped doing Groupset when they were bought by salomon . they only do wheels now . The groupset was called paris gao dakar afetr the race , and they had wheels , hubs , chainset etc...

I sourced a few of those mechs last year . they were NOS . I ll have a look if I can dig out some more .

Be patient , somebody on here as a full Mavic bike . but it is not finished yet .

Back