GROOVY Bigwheel *new pics on page 2*

yep, LUV handles this bike will have it's maiden run this weekend :D

Attachments

• groovy_bigwheel.jpg
    groovy_bigwheel.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 5,037
Just had my maiden run on the Bigwheel today and it put a big smile on my face. Never ridden a 29er before and was a bit anxious about the handling. In the end I loved it, this bike has a steeper headtube (and seattube) angle than my 26" bike wich compensates for the bigger wheels. This gives a nice combination of the comfort from the bigger wheels and still pretty sharp handling. Really happy to convert it to Rohloff and put even bigger tyres on it, bikes suits me real good now.Camera batteries were low (empty :? ) today, but will try to get some action shots soon :D
It will be a hard choice to pick a bike for this years Grand Raid ;)

Big un vs. Little un

How long before you have a back-to-back race off between normal/large wheels around the Schoorl track..?!

Mr K

Re: Big un vs. Little un

mrkawasaki":11juge8g said:
How long before you have a back-to-back race off between normal/large wheels around the Schoorl track..?!

Mr K
As soon as I'm back to a proper fitness level :LOL:

Should be interesting, Schoorl on a dry day the dune sands and some longer fast sections should suit the 29er well. But you'll need to find a good "rhythm" in the singletracks too. You're already used to riding rigid steel so my guess is you'll do fine there too.

In the forests and heather planes around Assen my 29er just rules, the advantages play out very well.

Enjoy!!

Some pics made on a rainy day... today :(
Only change I'll make soon is a (yet ordered) silver Thomson seatpost ;)
Lovely bike to ride :D
P1010477.jpg

P1010464.jpg

P1010476.jpg

Pickle":3vc6wdaj said:
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

You've ran over dog poo in the first pic! :LOL:

Shit Happens :LOL: all washed away by the rain before I got home though..... young parents seem to have a good eye for poo ;)

Back