The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
simonsilo":3tg8q9yk said:
Ive put pics in my gallery of the frame. I think its a 19" but ill have to check. Its never really been ridden but the paintwork has seen better days as you can see. As for the shock, like any mechanism that age used or not it will need tlc i.e. greasing..
thanks for the pics. looks quite used (see dropouts). will stick to my first estimation though.

I know the complete history of this frame and it has seen very little use. It has been built up a couple of times hence dropouts but little actual riding.

Thanks for the input though inigo...

BNIB XT st750 shifters. Absolutly spotless and am well chuffed with em. Any idea how much they are worth?

Photo0394.jpg

Photo0395.jpg

Any ideas :?: :?: :?: :?:

Attachments

• CIMG1454.JPG
    CIMG1454.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,326
  • CIMG1457.JPG
    CIMG1457.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,326
COOL....Long and Marshall(i think) crankset. Id forgotten these had ever existed. I know they were made down Portsmouth way at an engineering company to rival middleburn. As for how much they are worth, prob the same as a same era set of Middleburns I imagine...

twangy27":2uv1k80f said:
BNIB XT st750 shifters. Absolutly spotless and am well chuffed with em. Any idea how much they are worth?
i wouldn't consider them retro or collectable. so i'm not very optimistic about the price you could achieve. 50 euros +/- 10?

Gadro":3sulrmda said:
Any ideas :?: :?: :?: :?:
i know they sold for 30GBP but i think they would have sold for 50GBP too as the chainrings are included. the chainset is in quite good condition too.

simonsilo":ji883i39 said:
Ive put pics in my gallery of the frame. I think its a 19" but ill have to check. Its never really been ridden but the paintwork has seen better days as you can see. As for the shock, like any mechanism that age used or not it will need tlc i.e. greasing..

flash is always harsh...probably looks better than that pic indicates having seen little use.

The fact that you have the entire front end assembly on this frame (fork and headset) bodes well. I've seen a bunch of these frames on ebay, and they don't sell well as a bare frame. But with the frontend, it should sell well.

I'd suggest cleaning it up, and taking pics in a well lit room so no flash is needed...take closeups/macro shots, if possible, of key areas. It should get you more than stated above.

that said, better idea, would to finish building it up, and keep it :D
at least for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back