Anyone into old school lo-pro TT tackle here?

pupp

Dirt Disciple
Have a Basso curvy Columbus tubed 26 inch front wheeler that might get dusted off soon...anyone still ride 'em?

Hell yeah!

6137d1235215619-chas.jpg

gav.jpg

For fast training, commuting and popping down the road to Tesco...

Never mind the commuting etc. - what about the racing!

Just the job for TT'ing in Retrobike colours.

Not exactly lo-pro, head tube's too long! but is 650 front, 700 rear & has some interesting touches. The wheels & chainset are not original, just to make it rideable. I'd be interested to find out more about this bike if anyone recognises it (asked Andy Powell, but he's a busy man & built it a while back; '85)
AndyPowellbikeJan2007001.jpg
[/img]

Andy Powell bike is rather interestingly unusual. I wonder why it isn't a full Lo-Pro design, seems rather odd just to have the small front wheel. I see a Jubilee gear and 'Dave Lloyd' style cable routing for the front cantilever.

On the whole, very nice. I'd date it around mid - late 80's?

The Powell bike was built in '85, that's most of the information I got from an all too brief conversation with the man.
I didn't know that gear mech. was called a 'Jubilee', it just says 'Sachs Huret' but I always thought it looked a bit special. That mech's what came with the frame, I'm running a plain old 105 at the moment to use 8spd. cassette.
I've never ridden a TT before, but hope to try a couple of local ones this year & maybe meet someone who remembers the bike.

Back