Other hobbies you are/have been nerdy into...

Hows this for ultimate nerdy!! Metal detecting !! :cool: Love it

Also Motorsport ... Havent raced for ages now but still have alot to do with it.

Dr S .... Would a collection of Silk Cut Jaguar group c stuff be of interest? My dad has a very nice collection that he was looking to sell a while ago .. Not cheap mind ;)

jango":3un4d7nq said:
Dude....with your luck you'd probably find some minty Quad Electrostatics and a Mitchell Gyrodec at your local tip

:LOL: :LOL: ....give him a week or two :roll:

Ok - from the tip:

Spendor BC1 Actives (uber rare)

Cambridge Audio pre/power

Cyrus DAD7000 CD

Marantz CD63

Thorens 166/ 165/ 160 turntables

B&O systems

Apple MacBook Pro

KEF B200/ T27 drive units

to name but a few.

:oops: :LOL: :LOL:

loads of amplifiers

Loads of Mission speakers

Because loads of Americans come and go from the local airbase - lots of nice stuff gets left behind - I now have some Bose Accoustimass III for my rear speakers (found, mint in their box!)

best find - Mission M-Time surround system built into its own cabinet with 5 speakers and cabling included - now installed in my mates pub. :D

Oh and Cigarette cards,got loads from the 50's upwards,whole sets as my dad used to work for Imperial Tobacco,some of the sets were never released to the public aswell :cool:

legrandefromage":2fhip02l said:
Ok - from the tip:

Spendor BC1 Actives (uber rare)

Cambridge Audio pre/power

Cyrus DAD7000 CD

Marantz CD63

Thorens 166/ 165/ 160 turntables

B&O systems

Apple MacBook Pro

KEF B200/ T27 drive units

to name but a few.

:oops: :LOL: :LOL:

loads of amplifiers

Loads of Mission speakers

Keep an eye out for some Acoustic Energy AE1's in Piano Black for me please............I used to get a semi over these BITD :LOL:

JeRkY":2ixqz6ms said:
stevet1":2ixqz6ms said:
JeRkY":2ixqz6ms said:
a number of people that I have trained have gone on to earn a professional wage in gaming, while I sat back and missed the boat :(
Sounds cool, especially representing your country but I have to ask - do you mean these people earn a living by playing games? Or by developing/testing games ?

The people I had in mind make a wage playing games competitively for various pro-gaming teams, im sure its not a massive figure, but to be able to live off of a hobby sounds great to me. Ive a few other friends who earn a decent living doing shoutcasting & coverage (think sports commentators) for big events.

Update, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7532594.stm
Michael O'Dell (Odee in the gaming world) played a couple of matches for the team I ran between 2002 & 2006 (he actually managed his own team at the time, but played occaisionally for mine when his team wasnt in action ...he used to charge 10% of any winnings back then :p ).

If you check the article...theres quite a decent amount of money to be made if your good enough, his team scooped $500k in prize money in that competition alone! ... I do sort of regret not keeping up with it.

just lately (ie since 1980) ive been faffing around with puzzles..mostly taking them apart......but just recently i taught myself to do the rubik cube so i started collecting them now and then..i have a couple of originals from 1980 plus a rare 5x5 from meffert (1 of only 70 ever made i think).. a glowie ... a diansheng from hk and my latest from japan.....the mirror cube......

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 874
I collect old cameras, love walking, and I make wine. Have just bought a canoe, but perversely owning one is a nightmare if you live on a boat, so it might have to go. :(

I powerkite, For those of you who are unaware of this as a sport its just going up and down a beach on a big skateboard being pulled by a kite. Works well because I hate cycaling into the wind so no wind cycle and if theres wind I ride easy !

Music has always been a passion, but in the mid 90s I took up percussion, Tenor Sax (gave up soon after LOL) the didgeridoo, never looked back I played with a couple of bands before recording an album. Finally turned pro in 2004 and not looked back.

I too am a audiophile (now ex due to going skint some years ago) I had a Naim Nait 3 and Arcam CD player. Never got round to expanding on it really.. One day...

I also do an awful lot of photography- why I have not been in here much. More than 10, 000 photos taken since Dec 17th! Not kept everyone but I still took 'em...

I just sold a batch of prints to a local shop too and have order for notlett cards and postcards etc...

Now I just need to more jobs like that and a new bike can be mine, along with some nice lenses.

Simon

Back