DSLR Wanted

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Getting more into this photo taking game and just about exhausted the capabilities of my compact.
So want to try a DSLR and if anyone here has an older model they might no longer use I would be happy to take it off your hands and provide you with some bike buying cash

Don't know that much, so putting myself in your hands (not literally :LOL: ) to sell me something decent'ish. Got a lot of faith in this sites members to do just that if my bike part buying and selling is anything to go by.

Not got loads of cash, but could possibly make up any shortfall with bike bits you may need

Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich

Have you got a Jessops or London Camera Exchange near you?
They usually stock older DSLR taken as trade-in & come with a 3 - 6 month guarantee.
Think a workmate is selling his Nikon D70 - I'll check with him tomorrow.

I'm considering selling my Canon 1D Mark 2 & 24-70 f2.8L lens but want £1100 - £1200 so not a starter kit.

Seems to be quite a few keen photographers on here so sure one of them will have something to suit your needs.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply, haven't got a LCE, but do have a Jessops albeit not a very good one and when I asked back end of last week nothing used.

Wish I knew more about cameras really and having to base my research on internet reviews which as ever seem to conflict rather a lot.

If your workmate is selling please let me know how much and what sort of useage its had although don't suppose that would leave me any the wiser :D
Would that model be about right for a semi-novice?

Thanks again and good luck selling yours, even if I had that sort of cash spare think it might be all the gear no idea for me
Daresay some of the bikes I have owned are too

Cheers
Rich

Thanks Simon

Once I have found a suitable camera might well be in touch, feel Like I have a lot to learn and advice is most welcome

Had a quick look at some of your pics and that Chaffinch is superb, think its shots like that which make me want to get into photography more
I was well pleased that I recently managed to take a pic of an Inter City 125 hurtling through a station that wasn't a blur and actually looked stationary (must have been lucky with the settings :D )

Already realising its not so simple with lenses all being make/mount specific.
Thinking I need something with a dust cleaning gizmo and image stabilisation albeit in the body or lens.

Thanks again
Rich

Ok no worries mate, what is your upper price limit on the camera? don't forget though you will need lenses too.
One will get you started, but you will need a longer focal length for wildlife and birds.

Thanks for your kind words and glad you liked them.. needs a bit of a dig to find some of my wildlife stuff.

Simon

Huntso,

check out these 2nd hand shops.

www.mxv.co.uk

and

www.ffordes.co.uk

both are utterly trustworthy and decent to deal with. Have bought and sold from/ to both over the years and they are good guys.

Reckon the Ffordes prices are pretty much what you can guage 2nd hand prices to be and the website shows the actual camera you are buying which is a nice touch.

MXV by comparison are a little cheaper. I think this is more to do with having a faster turnover and less overheads perhaps. But they are no less good to deal with.

Both places are very fair. And IIRC, offer 12months guarantee on most 2nd hand stuff.

hope this helps.

And if I may be so bold, Station Cameras in Reading. I've bought and sold a lot of cameras there, and they've always been brilliant.

Hi Rich

Sorry but workmate has now decided to keep his Nikon D70 as a 'holiday snaps' camera :roll:

Hi Huntso,

I have a Canon EOS10D digital camera, lens and accessories for sale. See image. If you want a full technical description of the camera I am happy to send it to you. What you see in the image is what I am offering.

I upgraded to a Canon EOS40D last July and have not had time yet to advertise this. Not used much and in good condition. I used it to take the pic of my Dyna-Tech MTB (see my gallery), and was very happy with it (the bike and the camera).

I'm asking £220 (postage and packing extra) but am willing to negotiate if this is too steep for you.

Cheers

Attachments

• camera_kit_4_sale.jpg
    camera_kit_4_sale.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 436
Back