Zaskar LE's '92 Green.. Purple..96 Red..93 Aqua..95 Ink Blue

Have seen some pre-show photos from a number of parts makers for the Taiwan show which starts in a couple weeks and if you thought ano was back you haven't seen anything yet. These will fit right in. Although it doesn't seem as though it ever left the Euro markets like it did the US. Lasted a year or two longer than neon's but definitely died over here.

gm1230126":77m5jgxl said:
GoldenEraMTB":77m5jgxl said:
Like the flower on the red one :D

Just a foam sticky to slow the cable rub!

yea, I know...I have one of them :LOL:

gm1230126":77m5jgxl said:
Have seen some pre-show photos from a number of parts makers for the Taiwan show which starts in a couple weeks and if you thought ano was back you haven't seen anything yet. These will fit right in. Although it doesn't seem as though it ever left the Euro markets like it did the US. Lasted a year or two longer than neon's but definitely died over here.

True.

a little OT: Do you have any psyclones in your collection?

Well, yes ...but the pics aren't the greatest.
I've also done a number of component changes on it since these were taken...M900 canti's, shifter pods separated and now have Ritchey Logic Brake Levers on it, GT cranks instead of polished M950's added some bar ends but it will always remain RIGID. Thanks for asking. Golden...Did you find one? I'd greatly like another actually and have been saving a NOS front suspension fork for one if I can ever get one.

Attachments

• DSC08748.JPG
    DSC08748.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 2,394
  • DSC08750.JPG
    DSC08750.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,394
Thanks.....just weren't enough of them made and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?
I think I actually rode this one more than my Xizang last year....mesmerizing ride?

gm1230126":1qfkljko said:
Well, yes ...but the pics aren't the greatest.
I've also done a number of component changes on it since these were taken...M900 canti's, shifter pods separated and now have Ritchey Logic Brake Levers on it, GT cranks instead of polished M950's added some bar ends but it will always remain RIGID. Thanks for asking. Golden...Did you find one? I'd greatly like another actually and have been saving a NOS front suspension fork for one if I can ever get one.

Like pickle stated- that's beautiful :D

I was bidding on a 1999 white 16" psyclone on ebay a week ao, but missed the last day of the auction. I'd prefer an older one anyway....I really want one badly, but guess the seach will continue.

Were not very many of them made? I need to brush up on its history.

GM, please put buying a digital camera on your to do list...I would love to see better pics of all your bikes ;)

The camera was due at Christmas note that the 16" zaskar pics are better. Talked the Mrs. into taking them. I keep hearing I've got a better more modern camera coming but have yet to see it.

Psyclones were a part of GT's Tech Shop program and they were built to order. Hardly any shops ordered them for stock. Pretty much built as ordered with about a four week lead time. Customer got to pick the color they wanted. Same with the Edge steel road frames. A number of the US's best welders worked at the Tech Shop in Longmont, CO over the years...guys like Mark Nobilette.

gm1230126":1pxbrhoy said:
The camera was do at Christmas not the 16" zaskar pics are better. Talked the Mrs. into taking them. I keep hearing I've got a better more modern camera coming but have yet to see it.

:LOL: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

gm1230126":1pxbrhoy said:
Psyclones were a part of GT's Tech Shop program and they were built to order. Hardly any shops ordered them for stock. Pretty much built as ordered with about a four week lead time. Customer got to pick the color they wanted. Same with the Edge steel road frames. A number of the US's best welders worked at the Tech Shop in Longmont, CO over the years...guys like Mark Nobilette.

Thanks for the info. I knew I should've bid harder on that one I missed. It went for around $320...a steal imo :cry:

If I had been home when it closed I would have grabbed it myself. 320 was cheap for a fillet brazed steel beauty like that. I have a feeling one of the brethren in Germany grabbed it. Almost sure it will show up on here before long....it will reappear! Can't wait to see how it gets built up.

I want to know who bought the Team Scream from "apex" off eBay.... one of the MTBR's members about two years back.... before things went wild price wise on vintage stuff he had to run it for like three weeks before someone finally bought the NOS frame with a NOS red Marzocchi fork that matched the decals....NOS for a whole $350. I'd take 20 at that price today. If only.....

Back