1999 Sunn Totall UN (soft tail) -Updated pics (09 feb 09)

stoner":33mfl7ln said:
Looking good, just a chain and some brakes and you will be there

are you going to post on for sale forum when it's time to let it go???

I will do yes, but it will be split back down for sale...need to maximise monies for a flat deposit in London, when the time comes.

First step is to get it finished and see what it rides like.

re:

great work, but.

This bike is a real xc stormer, that steering angle seems a bit to slack, it looks way to high in the front? The obsys fork wasn't much higher then a Mag21 or something. I remember my mate had a rigid one and swapper for a SID but it didn't feel right, so he traded the sid for a obsys and it sorted it out! in the meantime he had borrowed an mag 21 SL Ti to race on back in 98ish something...

Re: re:

captain8track":1a5ign9n said:
great work, but.

This bike is a real xc stormer, that steering angle seems a bit to slack, it looks way to high in the front? The obsys fork wasn't much higher then a Mag21 or something. I remember my mate had a rigid one and swapper for a SID but it didn't feel right, so he traded the sid for a obsys and it sorted it out! in the meantime he had borrowed an mag 21 SL Ti to race on back in 98ish something...

I know and I totally agree. However I am building with my parts bin contents, as I am trying to avoid spending much on it as it is one of the bikes on the shortlist for sale when I move into London...and lose the space for so many bikes :(

However I did splash out on some XT V's and a longer seatpost today.

re:

this would be a keeper...

I was acctually looking for something just like this a while ago. It was an old team frame with the carbon obsys. But it ended up as a singlespeeder at some newschooler...

I would love to, but I currently have 8 or so bikes, and need to slim down when I move in 6 mnths. I have 3 bikes that I simply couldnt sell:
Pace RC100
Pace RC200
Marin team (mine since new)

I am thinking of keeping 4 initially.

Facing the chop:
On top of that I have my new 2008 Epic -so far top contender for the last place on the keep list.
a 93 Clockwork
a 2005 KHS team alite
a Roberts Genesis
and...this Sunn

To be fair to the Roberts & the Sunn, I havent built them up and riden them yet. (the Roberts is in for a respray as we speak)

(I also have a few low end frames that need to go)

re:

As I am not brittish pace doesn't have that golden glow for me, but well.

It's hard to part from bikes, it's just is... I haven an old CFM-3 Giant Cadex I just can't part with. And an stumpjumper m2 which is to small, and to big for the misses but awesome nand with a long stem and long seatpost I could use it as a winterbike...

Your Sunn should be fully complete by now???

Lets see some outdoor pic's with a little mud on her...

And did she ride as well as she looks...

sadly its still in the same state. I had to move back down to my Oxford place, and started a new job in central London, the commute has eaten my evening tinkering time and I havnt been able to get back to it yet :(

Back