Forest of Dean - MARCH 15TH - The return

Sounds Good to me :cool:

daj - can you count me in (social ride) I have to juggle a bit of child sitting but shouldnt be an issue.

Happy to meet 2 other people in Bristol area to cut the fuel , bridge costs , parking and envirionement ;) I can take a total of 3 bikes on my car.

Now which bike should I take ...................

Just a quick update

Talking to our guide in the week.

Due to the small numbers for the killer loop Sheldon has suggested the plan for the day is swinging towards riding as one group but with lots of extra loops in the ride for the keen to keep them busy and keep linking back up as one group through the day?

Hope thats going to be ok for everyone? :D

Forest of Dean 15th march

Do you have room for one more. The '96 Mt Tam is nearly finished and the non killer loop sounds good

Gyres

Hi there. I have never been to the forest of dean before. Just wandering what the terrain is like ? Looking a my tyre selection, I don't want to turn up with say semi slicks when I could do with spikes?
Cheers kirbdug

hmmm last time I went over about a month ago is was pretty muddy :?

Can anyone else update please? Cas ? Ed ?

Went out in FOD about 10 days ago offroad and it was still very muddy but been running in the woods near me today in Ross on Wye and amazed at how dry it is compared to recently.

I imagine it will depend on the rain fall in the next couple of weeks.

I have a friend who lives in the forest and mountain bikes so I'll ask her for an update.

Carol

Local woods to me were VERY muddy, more sloppy actually, a couple of weeks ago but amazingly dry now. Bodes well for the 15th.

Back