GT XIZANG - project completed!

Changed the KORE stem to a 120mm Tune Geiles Teil stem. And yes, it is quite a cool part... :)
Installed also the Panaracer Magic tyres and XTR remote shifter.
Now I'm waiting for a stash of gold ano parts from Chainreactioncycles...

xizang_mods1.jpg

Gt

That's looking very nice indeed. I will have to get a gt project going in the summer, keep up the good work.

gm1230126":1xigqwy9 said:
FWIW....If the decals that were on it when you got the frame were originals it's actually a 1996 model. Yellow w/read and black was 1996.

I'm pretty sure they weren't. The rear dropouts are like those in 94-95 models. They don't have 'GT' logos on them. The cable routing is for cantis as well.

Archangel":verhb5mf said:
Progressing with the build...

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Kore Lite
Bar: Syncros Easton
Grips: onZa Ules
Barends: onZa CWA Pro-Cut
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost clamp: noname (will be replaced)
Saddle: Flite Ti
Shifters: XTR M952
FD: XTR M952
RD: XTR M952
BB: XTR M95X
Cranks: XTR M952
Brakes: XTR M951
Brake levers: XTR M950
Hubs: White Industries Phantom Ti
Rims: Mavic 217 Ceramic
Skewers: USE Spin Stix (will be replaced)
Tyres: Specialized Ground / Team Control (will be replaced)

xizang_5.jpg

Thats the one for me... Dont like the new stem so much or that bar end shifter thing ... It looked like a BITD racer to me before.... but doesnt now :?

:oops: sorry like the kore stem more :roll: the gold stem looksawfull with the yellow parts but otherwise very nice bike :D

XIZANG completed!

Finished the Xizang build.

It's not period correct for the frame is 1994-95 model, the fork is 1996 and the XTR components are 1999 models.
Doesn't matter though for this bike is going to be a rider instead of a garage queen so I went with something that should work well for everyday use (V-brakes instead of cantis and so on).

I decided to go with yellow Control Tech stem instead of the golden Tune stem. Also got rid of the XTR barend shifter for I didn't like the thing.

With the help of CrossMax wheels and KCNC skewers et al., the bike weighs 10.5 kg (~23.13 lbs), although the Magic tyres are real anchors at 690/710g!

Complete specs:
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Control Tech
Bar: Syncros Easton
Grips: onZa Ules
Barends: onZa CWA Pro-Cut
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost clamp: KCNC
Saddle: Flite Ti
Shifters: XTR M952
FD: XTR M952
RD: XTR M952