Helicopter tape

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well I don't know.....my new frame is well, new. Been thinking whether to protect it with helicopter tape, just your usual cable rub places etc.
But then again...a bit of cable rub is just normal patina. I feel that maybe helicopter tape is a bit like having plastic runners protecting your new carpet...or people that leave the plastic on their new dining room chairs (mention no names ;) :LOL: ) ... is it a bit anal or good practice.
Whatcha reckon?

Get out and ride it.
I can tell you what nearly every mark on every bike I ever owned was caused by, just makes it look better,

Cable rub patches are a normal thing to put on your bike,pretend Kevlar being the choice
Nothing wrong with protecting your pride and joy :D

Go with the cable rub option - it's a brilliant thing, gives you the perfect excuse to have the frame repainted when you decide you don't like the colour or fancy a change.

Then again if you're the sort of chap that changes his bikes more regularly thatn his underwear you'll probably want to go down the helicopter tape route to keep it looking spanking ;)

Protect it...you'll only wince at the price you have to pay for a respray to neaten it up again in 2 years.

Sorry for Hacking, but I have the same dilemma.... Where can you buy this stuff :roll: :?:

I have used this guy before and the service is very fast, he also has a site called http://www.biketart.com/ which supplies other bits and pieces. I have found that the 10cm x 100cm roll of this stuff goes an awfully long way!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back