mongoose amplifier/AMP B2

Agreed, these are the bikes that brake boosters are designed for

That's true....when I got mine as a frameset the fork bosses were at a jaunty angle.........further investigation revealed a faded sticker that simply said 'Magura'........

Nice work stew-b :cool:

jango":306chrm6 said:
Agreed, these are the bikes that brake boosters are designed for

That's true....when I got mine as a frameset the fork bosses were at a jaunty angle.........further investigation revealed a faded sticker that simply said 'Magura'........

Nice work stew-b :cool:

oh man...definitely not something you want to be using with this frameset :(

That doesn't even bare thinking about :shock: I run mine on AMP discs.

ATB

John

looking good! just waiting to raise the cash to order the parts to rebuild my F3's from amp then I should be able to start on getting mine put back together ......funds permitting!
I'm going to run V brakes as well as thats what mine came with! and my forks are missing the canti post so its a done deal on that front :LOL:

Damn you guys, just put HS33's on my Amplifier & had to take the boosters off as well, the rear booster would whack the seat-tube if the rear shock got full compression. I took the front booster off because it looked odd on it's own.

Are there any decent boosters out there that don't extend much above the tyre?

Looks like I might have to look around for some canti's or V's. :cry:

TSC.

I've got both boosters Stew, but they won't work on the rear as you could do some serious damage to your seat-tube under full compression.

Sadly I'm keeping both boosters because the brakes are the anniversary ones, limited to 800 sets, I'm keeping everything together so that if I sell them, they will be complete.

Think I might have a trawl on ebay to see whats around.

Cheers,

TSC.

Using a cardboard template, it is quite a simple job to make an Aluminium version that overcomes the issue of knocking the seat tube. The gap between the tyre and the booster can be closer, and you may be able to shape the booster to fit properly.
Hence why I moved onto B4's for their design improvements, and ability to run Magura brakes on the rear.

I am just starting out on my AMP B2 build and am using this bike as a reference as I think it looks AWESOME!!

Ade

Back