Seriously good flat stem mojo goin' on there...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I seem to have built the last three bikes around 120mm 0deg Zookas. I just think they are the perfect stem - so beautiful and just the right proportions at 120mm, and so if it don't work round them it ain't going to float my coke float.

I build one round an Odyssey Pro Vapour 150mm 0deg once and that was plain dangerous that riding angle.

Is it wrong to build bikes around one component?

Does this count... Had my Dyna Tech Ti stolen off me in 1995. Have got some rims (mavic 117sup cd) that are the ones it had at the time. It has inspired me to build 'my' bike again from all the correct bits!

Dyna Tech MT4 frame (quantum splatter finish).
Tange Big Fork.
STX cartrige head set.
Control Stem 135 x 0 rise (black)
Ti bars.
Control stix II ends (purple)
Control tech post (black) and Vetta SL saddle
XT cranks, levers (with the rfp cut off), brakes, rear mech.
DX front mech, hubs.
Grip Shift Xray.
Purple bolts and spoke nipples.
Tioga Psycho K front, IRC geo claw rear.
Gold ringle H2o cage.
Xlite cam locks (purple).

yeah, that counts...that's like in terminator 2 when they take the chip from his hand and re-build another one from it - or have I got that scene wrong?

Wu-Tangled":uyuxnzdj said:
I seem to have built the last three bikes around 120mm 0deg Zookas. I just think they are the perfect stem - so beautiful and just the right proportions at 120mm, and so if it don't work round them it ain't going to float my coke float.

I have one in black in that size, it's never been on one of my bikes, but I just can't sell it, I know one day it will fit perfectly on a bike ... :D

Back