MacRetro/NE Yorks 28th Feb Jedburgh meet

Plastic Pig is white but the Pathfinder is yellow :D

Also I'm VERY tall and stick thin, bearded and spectacles, dead easy to spot :roll:

I'll be giving my self a couple of hours for a leisurely run down so aim to hit the black top by about 0830 for a 1030 arrival.

To those new to the MacRetro Clan, as Gazz gas pointed out, this is not a meet for elite fittness freaks, we are slow and talk a great deal :roll: :D

See you tomorrow,

cheers Velo

Hi Guys

Hi guys
I will be there in the morning on the old faithful 88 Stumpy. The VW left my partner Heather stuck yesterday on the way to Glasgow with a broken accelerator cable. Luckily not far from home but its means I am coming from home directly. I may go to Aviemore tonight as the AA route finder says it will take me 6.hours and 54mins and 315 miles to Jedburgh :shock: whereas 4 hours and 191 from Aviemore, better idea as it will break it up.
I will be in my blue work van which has veterinary ambulance on it.
Looking forward to it.
Jamie

Re: Hi Guys

Jamiedyer":17cwt95k said:
Hi guys
I will be there in the morning on the old faithful 88 Stumpy. The VW left my partner Heather stuck yesterday on the way to Glasgow with a broken accelerator cable. Luckily not far from home but its means I am coming from home directly. I may go to Aviemore tonight as the AA route finder says it will take me 6.hours and 54mins and 315 miles to Jedburgh :shock: whereas 4 hours and 191 from Aviemore, better idea as it will break it up.
I will be in my blue work van which has veterinary ambulance on it.
Looking forward to it.
Jamie

:shock:

take care jamie-do you have a mob in case of hold ups etc..?

All ready to go too, gazz who's driving and should I bring the brace thing for the rack?

Sort of ready now, gear cables are a bit long but they will do for tomorrow.

Jamie take care and if you see a red vw touran on the M90 with a bike in the back or on the roof, flag me down if you want a lift part way. I will be on the m90 by 8.30. ~I've pm'd my mobile to you.

We can toss for it (fnarr fnarr), bring the brace anyway I have had to chuck the s bike in the boot so we can see in the morning what looks easier, the rack is in the car as well. how easy was it getting the stumpie ready? :LOL:

I'm out, sorry lads

Morning Guys
I am afraid I wont be at Jedburgh later this morning. I am just now up and I was about to head off just now, but I am too tired after the last couple of days to face a 7 hour drive of 300 odd miles and then a five hour drive back to Aviemore.
So my apologies to all and I will ring later but whoever sees this can they pass it on when they get to Jedburgh.
I am down in Balloch either next weekend or the one after if anyones up for a ride.
Enjoy yourselves and may the weather gods smile on you.

Jamie

Can't blame you dude- thats an epic journey to undertake to spend an afternoon wobling around on an old bike with some desperate / old / fat / balding blokes trying in vain to hang onto youth when we should all really know better! We'll raise a glass to ye at the finish.
I've got to go to Fort William with the trailer on to collect a car next week and the routethingymajig says 5 hours and 300 miles from here. What do you have for roads up there?- is it still dirt tracks? Looking at a map I thought I'd be home in time for lunch. Not looking forward to that I can tell you!

Now get some rest and have a good weekend Jamie

Keep an eye out for rossers on the way up. The Strathclyde western sector seem to have a road safety issue at the mo. Passed three sets of speed cops between Dunoon and Oban yesterday.
Once I get a sufficiently retro bike together i might just join in some of these frolics. The old/fat/bald/unfit angle appeals to me. :)

Have a good un.

Dr S":ykgr8umg said:
Can't blame you dude- thats an epic journey to undertake to spend an afternoon wobling around on an old bike with some desperate / old / fat / balding blokes trying in vain to hang onto youth when we should all really know better! We'll raise a glass to ye at the finish.
I've got to go to Fort William with the trailer on to collect a car next week and the routethingymajig says 5 hours and 300 miles from here. What do you have for roads up there?- is it still dirt tracks? Looking at a map I thought I'd be home in time for lunch. Not looking forward to that I can tell you!

Now get some rest and have a good weekend Jamie

Back