the woes of jobseekers allowance

I went on Wednesday for the first time and was quite happy with the reception I got, All very civil and frendly and actually came away feeling quite positive about things ..... I thought the lady was very helpful and understanding and made me start to think about things ..... I dont have any complaints.

Russell":8c6gjyuy said:
Correct me if I'm reading this wrong but you're pissed off because at a time when thousands are being made redundant, you chose to quit your job because you didn't get promoted and you're now finding that claiming benefits is a bit of a chore?

**biting tongue**

Sorry but, well said that man.

Russell":bpip99fp said:
Quite right, anyone that gets the sack for incompetance or disciplinary reasons, or quits voluntarily should get f**k all from the state.

Not sure what to make of this ? Are you having a pop because I was forced out of a job..? Perhaps I should add that I was given a signed and sealed contract for another role that was than taken away from me at one stage, making my position pretty much unteneable, I certainly wouldn't have been sacked or tried to force the companys hand, although strangely that would have made things simpler. And that was more than 12 months ago before the recession really started to bite..Would you be saying that back then? Doubt it.

It was hardly my fault that I had to leave at the start of a massive economic downturn and I feel even more angry for those losing jobs in skilled industries or the self employed, especially as my folks were made almost bankrupt in the last recession (and yes I was old enough to remember). I know that I'm lucky that I will find a job fairly easily compared to some. And even luckier that I have no kids, really feel more sorry for working families.

As for the chore comment, WTF? You're kidding. Going there and the various forms, interviews was easy. This wasn't supposed to be a vote for sympathy, and you're a tit if you think otherwise. I was just curious if things have been this awkward for others in a similar or worse situation. Perhaps I should have not thrown the cat amongst the pigeons :?

In any case the JCP is 10 minutes walk/ride from where I live ;)

Back