1993 GT RTS Team..

got the decals on ebay from a guy in the states,

if you do a search for RTS in cycling on ebay.co.uk it normally brings them up :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
felnzo on ebay.com

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
finished bike pic!! :D not at home at the moment so ive only got the one picture... =(

wont be to everyones tastes as its not a faithful original spec and im not 100% sure with the bombers yet... they do create quite a heavy front end, though they are fantastic forks that havent let me down for 12 years! :LOL:

3306647271_d5391039d2.jpg

specification... :)

Frame: GT RTS Team 1993 with 1997 Rear end.. polished =)
Fork: 1997 Marzocchi bomber Z1 100mm travel

Headset: Mpart
Stem: Raceface Deus XC
Handlebar:Raceface Deus XC
Grips: Club Roost

Brakes: Shimano DX Vbrakes
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Shimano
Brake Levers: DX Vbrake

Shifters: LX 9 speed :oops:
Front Derailleur: LX
Rear Derailleur: XT shortcage
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: LX 9 speed
Chain: SRAM PC971
Cranks: Shimano Hone
Chainrings: Hone / LX
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hone External BB
Pedals: DMR V8 Black

Hub Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic 717
Hubs:Shimano XT
Nipples:brass!
Spokes:DT double butted
Tyres: Maxxis high roller 2.35 front 2.1 rear

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Raceface Evolve XC
Seatpost Binder: PZ Racing

Weight: 29Lb

Awesome job

Great finish you got on the frame there, has inspired me to re-polish my own. Look forward to seeing the full bike. Will post some of mine in due course.

Rear brake mounting

I meant to mention in my last post, how did you get rid of the weird rear brake mount without damaging the frame? I must do that myself!

Ian

just seen your reply asking how i got rid of the brake mounts on the rear while deleting the dead image links in this thread.. :LOL:

basically i just carefully chopped them off with a dremel!! :LOL:

then ground them down a bit more using the dremel

then finished it off with a hand file until it was flush with the frame,

then used some coarse wet and dry and followed up with the usual finer grades and finally Autosol to get the final shiny look :)

ive got some 95 Judy DH that may be going on there when i get round to modding the fork legs to accept later model damping carts,

ran it with some 80mm sids for a couple of rides too but they didnt really suit it for me..

the trouble is i dont think 80mm front travel is enough for me :LOL:

Cracking looking bike, red silver & black theme works well

TBH I'd keep the forks, if they've been reliable and work well why bother...a few extra is grams worth it.

Back