the woes of jobseekers allowance

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm feeling a bit sore at the moment :evil:

I was finally forced to accept defeat and sign on last week as the savings I've been living on since quitting my job are becoming a bit thin :(

Two interviews later I thought all has been sorted. That alone was hardly easy, the first day I tried I was forced to return two days later as they had no allocated space for me. I had called in advance to rearrange because of a job interview and told it was no problem to come in and I would be seen straight away if I explained what happened, then told on arriving at 2pm as planned that I would have to wait 'at least 3 hours...well it can't be any longer, we close at 5'. Fair enough I thought, after all I had missed the appointment.

What really has arsed me off now though is that I received a letter in the post today saying that there is a doubt in awarding me any allowance because I 'left my job voluntarily'...!? Hardly the case, I had been working in my old job 8 years and left because I was overlooked for two other roles and not given any reason when I questioned why. In retrospect I should probably have let it reach a tribunal but was fed up with the job anyway and didn't want to drag colleagues I liked into the mire. Also this had been explained to the lackeys in the JCP who "interviewed" me but neither mentioned any doubts. I really didn't want to resort to this either, last time I had to go on the dole was 10 years ago for about 3 weeks..

Has anybody else experienced this recently? I personally have had no time for benefit scroungers anyway, there's a stack of them living in the estate across the road from me all driving new cars mysteriously fitted with disabled badges so they can park where they like and ferrying the ugg boot clad kids to and from school or out shopping. Yet if you're honest and open all you get is some sniping letter suggesting that you're a cheat of some description :evil: :evil: :shock: :evil: :evil:

yup i feel for you chap
ill be at the dole office tomoz as i got laid off today!!
still onwards and upwards and dont let it get you down chap

rob

yup if you leave work voluntarily you got to wait 6 months. thems the rules. i would suggest visiting your gp and seeing if he will help you get the new employment and support allowance. not likely tho. plus then you might look like a benefit scrounger, rather than just someone claiming what you are entitled to under the law, as the government tells you to do.

you might be able to have the claim back dated from when you left if you can prove you havnt been working since then . something like a p45 id assume

itl require doing another form :roll: as to why you are now claiming from an earlier date

id rather sell some stuff and live on what i already have than claim but the months went by and i had to throw my hands up and join :( had a load of questions as to why i hadnt started claiming from when i was out of work and why i left it so long . but i simply had a rant about how slow and unreliable the system was and how socially demoralising it is to admit to having to claim money for being unable to find employment

im not sure if you can do it though as your claim might already be going through . id go in looking worried and say to the nicest looking person in there that you didnt know that voluntarially leaving meant having to wait 6 months and that you had already been looking for work for x amount of time before now

the job centre expects you to just know how it all works :LOL: :(

if your out of work you make do and try and get another quickly . when you go in they cant get their heads around why you didnt go in as soon as the job ended

no scrounging or fiddling of the system but you shouldnt be penalised because you wanted to avoid making a claim

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong but you're pissed off because at a time when thousands are being made redundant, you chose to quit your job because you didn't get promoted and you're now finding that claiming benefits is a bit of a chore?

**biting tongue**

yet if you get the sack cuz say cuz you screwed up at work, its easy to get the cash, dont make sense

Quite right, anyone that gets the sack for incompetance or disciplinary reasons, or quits voluntarily should get f**k all from the state.

Back