My Holdsworth Professional - Retro - with build specs

NZbiker

Dirt Disciple
I happened to be over at a friends place helping out with his car when I came a cross this gem. He no longer uses it so after some discussion we agreed on a price and now I have myself a Roadie again :D
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php
main.php
main.php
main.php

Frame Holdsworth Professional 531
Fork Holdsworth Professional 531
Colour White Pearl

Headset Campagnolo Victory
Stem Alloy
Handlebar Belleri
Grips Black
Barends Red / Chrome

Brakes Campagnolo Victory
Brake pads Campagnolo
Brake cables Cream
Brake levers Campagnolo Record

Shifters Campagnolo Victory
Front derailleur Campagnolo Triomphe
Rear derailleur Campagnolo Triomphe/Victory S3 RD
Cassette Regina Oro 6 speed 13-14-15-17-19-21
Chain D.I.D Lanner Gold
Cranks Campagnolo 1985 Triomphe
Chainrings Campagnolo Victory
Bottom bracket Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Pedals Campagnolo Record

Hub skewers Campagnolo Triomphe
Rims Mavic Monthlery Pro
Hubs Campagnolo Triomphe
Tyres Schwalbe Montello Tubulars

Saddle Muudialita
Seatpost Campagnolo Super record fluted

Weight 9.3kg

Old Ned":1dk4wnj5 said:
A very nice find - get out and use it!

Don't worry, I use it all the time. It is my only roadie and it sees plenty of tarmac each week ;)
Was initially reluctant to wear it out but I am sure when Mr Holdsworth built it he intended that it be ridden :) . This bike is 100% original from new. It was used for a year or so then has spent the last 20 years hanging up in a garage thus the reason for my reluctance .

Anyone know what model Campag parts are on it ?

I love this bike :cool:

That was a really great buy, 531 Pro frame and very tidy looking Campag parts (initial thoughts were Victory but that is very clearly wrong. Given frame quality I'd guess at a higher end Campag groupset but apart from that not sure. Sorry, that doesn't really help!).

As you've said, riding and enjoying is much better than having it sit in the garage for fear of wearing it out - there are years and years of happy riding in this beauty.

Now where can I find a big Holdsworth Professional in the iconic orange with blue panels.....

ededwards":27y8ev3t said:
That was a really great buy, 531 Pro frame and very tidy looking Campag parts (initial thoughts were Victory but that is very clearly wrong. Given frame quality I'd guess at a higher end Campag groupset but apart from that not sure. Sorry, that doesn't really help!).

As you've said, riding and enjoying is much better than having it sit in the garage for fear of wearing it out - there are years and years of happy riding in this beauty.

Now where can I find a big Holdsworth Professional in the iconic orange with blue panels.....

Every time I ride it I can't help smiling. It is a real pleasure, rolls nicely and is very nimble.

Like this ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nkilgariff ... ames78.jpg

Similar but more like this (about my size too!)

Attachments

• Holdsworth Pro.jpg
    Holdsworth Pro.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3,611
Back