peugeot premiere ....

ive seen stickers for sale for up to 95 bucks so might go for a change of plan....

paint the bike white instead and mask off the sticker that says peugeot seeing its not scratched and in good condition then the white letters will look highlighted on graphite grey on a white frame....ftw!

and also a bargainous no cost sticker exercise while still changing the look of the bike dramatically...... :D

The grey is probably the most sought after colour for the period since the team bikes were that colour. Get drops back on it and clean it up. It might only be Carbolite 103, but that's still a damn site better than that 18-23 steam pipe that Raleigh used to do around that period.

I'm looking out for a cheap one of those to fix, I was thinking of doing that with my 501 tubed Pug, but it's just too damn nice.

Cool, My first ever racing bike was a graphite grey peugeot premiere. Loved it so much but it had to go eventually for an upgrade. dont throw money at it(not worth it), Clean it, put some drops on and ride. Cheers for the memory :)

ok will take that advice...should keep it original i guess as i intend to keep it forever

anyone got any peugeot drops with levers?..dunno what happened to mine..

im not gonna fixie this one either cos i think the gearing is nice....but will do another deffo..

the guy on fixedgeargallery.com reckons pugs aint the best for fixieing tho....

here is the new look after advice taken.... :D

SDC10001.jpg

SDC10002.jpg

SDC10004.jpg

but after seeing this pic of someones fixie i'm getting very tempted to join in....

pugfix.jpg

pug

Result! Thats looking great. Forget the fixie idea - get an old banger if you want to do that. I would go for some NOS Benotto handlebar tape, a decent seatpin and a classic saddle that suits you and you've got a cracker there.

:D

all that fuss and worry - you have a perfectly decent bike there.

I do get the odd Premier coming through Legrandefromage Towers - I'll hang on to them next time.

Back