MacRetro/NE Yorks 28th Feb Jedburgh meet

I'm going to be good and not go.... it is our lasses birthday after all. Have fun and take lots of pics :D

Now more than a middling chance that the Boulder mght be making it's debut on this one. Just got the shock to tweek before a test run. ;)

Si

Dr S":lecxaxca said:
Now more than a middling chance that the Boulder mght be making it's debut on this one. Just got the shock to tweek before a test run. ;)

Si

Cool :cool: , be great to see that :D , and maybe blag a wee shot :LOL:

sounds like there will be a very nice collection of mountain bikes, really looking forward to this day out :cool: I would love to think we could do the whole route but is 26 miles to much?

Which Stumpy?

Hi Guys
I am having a bit of trouble getting the singlespeed Stumpy sorted in time, well I have run out of time basically so may have to bring the trusty 88 red and white Stumpy. I am leaving in the morning and am still undecided. I still need a couple of things and would have to get them in Glasgow on Friday, if I couldnt, I wouldnt have a ride on Sat. Does anyone know where I could get:
shorter bolts for the front ring
a 26.8 seatpost or does anyone have one I could borrow as the one I bought hasnt arrived :cry:

Either way I will be there but as I can only take one bike as I have to be in the works van it may have to be the oldest and most reliable Stumpy.

Cheers
Jamie

26 miles is probably too much but we can take it in two parts with a lunch break back in Jedburgh as the route circles the town.

The Southern half looks the best bit as the Swinney woods section contains Trail centre type trails.

Also looks like the family loop in the north could be bypassed.

We could miss out the first section by cycling up the A68 to the climb up the Drover road and thus not crossing the Jedd at the Joogly Bridge (I suspect it joogles as its a pedestrian suspension bridge).

Lots of scope for carving up into the sections we really want to ride.

Looking forward to it but I'm not going to push myself to destruction to complete it.

Jamie, why don't you file down the original bolts, bit time consuming but awaycaboose says it is defo poss. I got some from the bay pretty cheap but they are on my GF :(

Sorry don't have a seatpost either, I'll be on the sbike so gears are allowed :D

You are right not to push it velo, I may well be breathing out of my ar@e anyway given there is about 3000ft of climing on the route. We can see how everyone is on the day and take it from there.

So who's going, where are we meeting and what are you bringing?

Northumbrians are...

Dr S- TBC
Sithlord- Ritchey P20

Also what are we looking for in the carpark?? we'll be in the yellow van ;)

Si

Dr S":20w08zds said:
So who's going, where are we meeting and what are you bringing?

Northumbrians are...

Dr S- TBC
Sithlord- Ritchey P20

Also what are we looking for in the carpark?? we'll be in the yellow van ;)

Si

Were meeting in the car park by the tourist info place, here's a map Gazz posted earlier.

http://www.jedburgh-online.org.uk/map_jedburgh.asp

The Scottish mob are

The Ken, GT Xizang
Clockworkgazz, S-Bike
Jamiedyer, Stumpie
Velomaniac, Falcon Pathfinder (i think ?)
Velo's mate, Neil, Diamondback Ascent
Kaiser, KHS Montana
Jimihendrix, Orange E3

Sorry if i've missed anyone :oops: , i'll check back through the thread and edit if i have.

Me, Kaiser and Clockworkgazz will be ariving in Gazz's car, a light goldish (i think ?) N reg Merc saloon, Jamiedyer will be bringing a van (he has i nice old VW T-25 but i think it'll be another one), the Ken will be in a people carrier (not sure what kind), Velo will be in a Dell boy three pin plug :) (not seen this yet so dont know what colour it is)

I'm almost ready, just got to regrease everything, wipe the rust off the bullseyes :shock: and fit new gear cables at lunchtime (in work!). I might even wipe the dirt off from the last run. :)

a busy day ahead....and some how fit in a dentist visit as I cracked a tooth last night whilst carb-loading with thai chilli crisps.

Will be a 2.5 hour drive for me too so I'll be leaving about 7.45. It's a Maroon VW Touran for anyone looking out for me.

Latest posts

Back