London to Brighton retrobike team

Boothy

Retro Guru
It may not be trail riding, but the pub stops surely supply an interesting ride for anyone who feels the need to go "off road" Any one fancy it:

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take ... _ride.aspx

Surely there's room for a retro bike team, treat it as an opportunity to swing the bling for a good cause, lets see how many willing Londoners we've got on here.

If we get enough people raising money maybe retro bike will supply the t-shirts?

Thoughts?

Bugger,

All the more reason to get a retro team together... any one not going to Mountain Mayhem?

I'm doing it again this year, though sadly I just got all the bumph through after signing up so it's a bit late for me to join a RB team :(
Hope to see some RB shirts though! :cool:

I did the official London to Brighton for the first time last year - NEVER AGAIN! First little hill you get to people infront of you just stop suddenly in the middle of the road and push their bikes up the small hill :shock: !!! As for how to ride with a group of cyclists :evil: they have no clue! It irked me so much that I have sworn never to do it again!!!

Biggest tip I can give is to start at 6am from just infront of the official start and make sure you race off for the first few miles so you have clear roads in front for the rest of the ride.

The fun part was riding back home to London, bliss!

Don't mention the accidents, it will put them off. Carnage, brains smashed all over the road.

i believe in fixies":3dvefjwj said:
First little hill you get to people infront of you just stop suddenly in the middle of the road and push their bikes up the small hill :shock: !!!

I did this last year and set off at 07:30 and finished at 11:55 The 1st hill was a nightmare but still got up there without getting feet unclipped, did have to bunny hop over a leg though :LOL:

I would do it again as the rest of the ride was tops, especially the down ditchling beacon to the finish line, Fast and clear with the rest of the afternoon for drinking.

I am not doing this year as its on Fathers day again ! Is this always the case with L2B ??

Good luck to those doing it :cool:

I did it on my road bike last year, got up to 54mph going down the other side of Ditchling Beacon. Really scaring thinking about it afterwards, just takes someone to cut infront of you and it's curtains. Saw a couple of very bad accidents :shock:

Yea I did on my cyclo-x bike, got 48 but I had a decoy duck attached to my lid and it didnt half make my neck ache at that speed :LOL:

Yea I saw a couple of bad un's too not good :cry: Bikes in hedges and st johns people legging it, I must say that did not encounter any rage on the ride just at Brighton with people getting ratty in traffic and shouting abuse at riders.

I did spot some retro bikes and saw or should I say heard some rough old bikes that were clanking squeeking and shaking with copius amounts of rust. Not safe for any kind of riding :?

Latest posts

Back