Ringlé Development parts: HUBS (picture heavy)

No, no rears of the smae series, it was a 'front' project.
I have a Ringlé HED rear on my AS/LT, but not of the same series hubs.
Glad this is proving entertaining for everyone!

And to that note. That last Ringle looks like they filed the hub down and drilled it to keep the hub rolling. It looked like the split the flange, Then did their customization. :cool:

BikesINPortlandOREGON":1gzsgs23 said:
And to that note. That last Ringle looks like they filed the hub down and drilled it to keep the hub rolling. It looked like the split the flange, Then did their customization. :cool:
Exactly. Typical development stuff. Quick and dirty, modify what you already have on the bench.
Flanges machined off. . and then "doh!", bearings are in the way, so the drillings had to go inboard. What it proved was that whatever the wall thickness was, it was adequate for straight pulls.
Learn, log that, move on to the next one. . ;)

awsome thread :cool:

some of those pics make me wonder if others used them as inspiration for their stuff, the red hubs remind me of my spinergy xyclone hubs and the machined down straight pull blue hub reminds me of the more recent shimano road wheels. but then shimano tend to copy, modify and update rather than innovate i think.

my 2p's worth! :LOL:

and I think I may be sued for slander if I mention the profile similarity between parallax and superbubbas. . . :shock:

Back