PSA: Stumpjumpers birthday

gump":2azgw9rf said:
John, Vaughnes at Kenilworth are a pretty big specy dealer..

Vaughns, of course . Last time I was in there the old boy behind the till asked me if I was looking for a bike or whether I had one already. I laughed in his face.

I had to go in there on Sat at 4.30 as I lost my gloves - with a peaks ride on Sun I had to do something!!

Loadsa staff in, I casually looked at the discount to one of last years bikes, and got attention straight away.. 'Can I help you?' 'No thanks, really don't need any more bikes at the moment..' His face was a picture for what seemed to me to be a sensible answer. :?

Was left alone after that.

Picked up my copy today from none other than Vaughan's. They've a whole stack of 'em.

Looks pretty good from my first quick flick through. Good section on one of the forum members :D

There is a discount for existing stumpy owners, although the staff in vaughans looked like they'd sooner cut off their own hands than let me have it. After a call to specialized all was well, although I had a mildly amusing exchange with the old boy behind the till

"Bring it in, and don't bring your mates either sonny"
"No, here's the frame number"

after a few more minutes of pointless argiung he agreed frame number would suffice.

"What year is it" "
"1990"
"Is it a hardtail or full suspension"
"Shall I answer that? Or do you want to guess?"

I love Vaughans :D

Back