What to do with a box full of poo?

I suppose the best idea is to pull up a few paving slabs in the garden and bury it. It doesn't sound like you have many other options.

You could try calling the council first though. I'm sure that they have some level of responsibility for helping people out in the sh... nah I can't say it.

Hope you find a solution fella.. It sounds like a right pain the ass.. err didn't mean that...

Tricky situation, but you have made my morning! Once its gone, you'll look back at this and laugh, alot.. great story! ;)

Wait till night time then go out into your street and "dump" it down one of the kerbside drains. Council will then come and clean the drain once you report it as blocked the next day.

Unless you can bodge a set of manhole keys an get a suitably placed cover up downstream of yours (PLEASE make sure its the foul) where the diameter of the pipe will be larger (150 rather than 100mm), you would be best off getting rid of it down the same place you got it from. What's in the box was not what blocked the pipe. Our drains block maybe once every couple of years and as we are the lowest house out of the run, we are the first to know! I lift the cover (next door) and the chamber is full of floaters! On occasion I have wanted to knock on doors to see if the occupant needs medical help! I also have access to the downstream cover so know exactly what is blocking the pipe. Did yours take real effort to push through? (Oooh Matron!!) The usual culprit is white, around half a metre long and fits the pipe like a cork. I think it is the result of the biological enzymes in washing powder acting on fats and oils.

How old is your house? Pre 1936 (I think) and the council have to sort it. The only other likely cause would be a dropped brick if the sewer is very old. Dispose of the contents of your box a bit at a time and follow with a bucket of water. Like I said, it is very unlikely what you dug out was blocking the pipe.

Please do not get rid of it down a gully as these are usually connected to the storm water system and will end up in your local water course.

oooo got me an idea.......get some o that blue stuff they stick in porta loos and dissolve the stuff .then just pour down the pipe again. :p

gibbleking":26wfhxwz said:
oooo got me an idea.......get some o that blue stuff they stick in porta loos and dissolve the stuff .then just pour down the pipe again. :p

Had the same thought myself, great minds and all that!

You can get it from camping shops or boating and caravaning centres. It dissolves the solids, disinfects everything and makes it smell all campsite fresh! Then chuck it back from where it came!

break it up and put it back with some water to make it runny ;) ;) it'll go down but'll take a couple of hours of breaking it down and flushing ;)

Latest posts

Back