What is the meaning of Life?

What is the meaning of life?

• There is none.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People determine human purpose, without supernatural influence (general sense) that is the purpose o

• Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book ev

• the purpose of life is to end

• don't care show me some bikes

• Only god knows and he/she will tell you if you have been lucky enough to have choosen the right one.

• Total voters
Life exists because it can and its sole purpose is to continue the lineage. We are all here because what has preceded us was better than something else at getting its DNA replicated.
I doubt very much that any animal other than ourselves thinks about why they are here or what their purpose is, its just we have that constant need for explanation, that nagging doubt/demand that "there must be more than this". There isn't.

If its more specific in terms of my life, then yes I try to be a good person and look after others and not take the piss, but only because it makes me feel better about myself I guess.

well, thats not as poetic or a deep as some others posts (LGF for one), but it will do for a Tuesday lunchtime. :)

The meaning of life?

Creating more life.

Which is cool with me. :D

Or maybe........??? :?

Nah! protect the gene dude!

some woody a quotes

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.

My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.

Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.

If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever .

'Purpose' is an entirely human construct and a modern one at that. We simply 'are' and anything else that we hang of the meaning of life is a means of distracting ourselves from the fact that Life is a meaningless gathering of elements held together by energy that we cannot truly understand.

Of course we may not exist at all.

Love is just one end of an emotional scale with hate at the other end. One might therefore deduce that the mean (life's main body of purpose) is apathy.

Back