Forced off the road by a bus. Complain or let it slide?

cannondale king":2xo8k0s7 said:
im a nice guy :D :D i just have high standards of conduct i just think the nation is in need of disipline i think it had somthing to do with the 5 years i spent from 16-21 in the navy attached to the marines out in iraq that makes me think the rest of the nation has a lot to learn about give and take and looking out for and after each other.

I lived in a town with a load of squaddies in it and I found the complete opposite to be true, the ones out on a friday night were, to a man, rude arrogant pricks, full of their own self importance and with no manners.

Back on topic though, drivers need to look more, but unfortunately they don't, and so we will have to avoid them. I am very aware of cyclists though.

I never ride on the pavement, unless it is empty. Sheffield is full of twats doing it on busy pvements, and I never move out of their way - pavements are for pedestrians, and cyclists riding on them are as bad as John's inconsiderate bus driver.

Ahhh... I see your mistake Nick ,those were Army Squaddies ,Naval Squaddies have higher standards

Its a water thing ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As to the driver ,you must complain strongly and try to make the company memo the drivers to tell them to be more aware of their driving position on the road and to always give way to cyclists or to slow their pace should the road be narrow or windy

Ask them if you can put up posters on their bus shelters ..Asking for witnesses to the accident for your forthcoming civil action against them

:twisted:

If it happens again ,move out to the middle ,slow right down and stop
Dont move and dont look around at the driver for a good few minuets,no matter what he does or how loud he blows his horn.
If he attempts to bump you with the bus immediately phone 999 and dont move

IA biker pal of mine had a car tailgate him right through the city center to the west end,he got pissed of with him and at the first set of lights with an island in the middle stopped at the red light ..put his gsx Suzuki 1100 on its stand and walked back to the driver[who couldnt go anywhere caught between the p/ment and the island]he raps hard on the drivers window with one Kevlar knuckled fist and converses his displeasure at the cowering occupants of the car on the drivers skills ,walks back ,gets back on his bike and waits for the lights to go through the red/green cycle three times before moving slowly off
Mind you helps being 6'2" +19st and his numberplate has three sixes grouped together :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":293obnpt said:
Ahhh... I see your mistake Nick ,those were Army Squaddies ,Naval Squaddies have higher standards

Its a water thing ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As to the driver ,you must complain strongly and try to make the company memo the drivers to tell them to be more aware of their driving position on the road and to always give way to cyclists or to slow their pace should the road be narrow or windy

Ask them if you can put up posters on their bus shelters ..Asking for witnesses to the accident for your forthcoming civil action against them

:twisted:

If it happens again ,move out to the middle ,slow right down and stop
Dont move and dont look around at the driver for a good few minuets,no matter what he does or how loud he blows his horn.
If he attempts to bump you with the bus immediately phone 999 and dont move

IA biker pal of mine had a car tailgate him right through the city center to the west end,he got pissed of with him and at the first set of lights with an island in the middle stopped at the red light ..put his gsx Suzuki 1100 on its stand and walked back to the driver[who couldnt go anywhere caught between the p/ment and the island]he raps hard on the drivers window with one Kevlar knuckled fist and converses his displeasure at the cowering occupants of the car on the drivers skills ,walks back ,gets back on his bike and waits for the lights to go through the red/green cycle three times before moving slowly off
Mind you helps being 6'2" +19st and his numberplate has three sixes grouped together :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cheers dyna-ti my lot are or where all non drinking non-smoking(only 3 smoked out of 70 odd of us) clean-cut guys no joke but we where to busy working on overly high end kit and to busy for crap nights out and no one likes a drunk show off aspecialy my old squadron heaverly fround apon, we where the smart end of the food chain and we all loved sport and trained hard to maintain are front line status unlike drunk squadies we where liked round are town and got on well with most and still no one f**ked use about and the town never really had anything other than petty crime (even that was rare) ilchester is the place ;) . and always felt welcome there and everyone looked out for each other forces and civi's :D .

I still miss it to this day but my girlfriend came first and i left since i got home to lowestoft i feel that the attitude of people here is to back stab each other and no one looks out to make sure there neibours are ok and most people are feed up and take it out on each other hence the mank in my earlier post about standards :cool:

:shock: Non-drinking :shock: What navy is this you're talking about
Every1 i knew either drank like a fish or smoked like a stack :LOL:
My good mate Kev was a submariner and used to race the big yachts for them ,we used to race together on the 10M
And another [1st Lt commander no less] drank whiskey like water :LOL:

This is what was supplied when you paid your entry for the Scottish series racing
Huge 18" square 12" high tupperware box filled with the tunnocks range of biccies and cakes
2 Cans deodorant
10 bin bags
1 case [24] cans of lager from the sponsor
2 crystal whiskey glasses for the skipper
Plus one free pint for each crew member at the hospitality tent[we used to put down for a crew of 8 so we go 2 each ;)

Non drinkers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Must say though the bars at Tarbet during it are 5 deep at the bar..every bar all night,then back to whoevers yacht for a further nightcap :D
Prizes at these things usually include several bottles of fine spirits in your prize
In 7 years of going and all the drinking and intense rivalry when racing i have never seen or heard of fisticuffs breaking out

Cant expect too much intelligence in your average piece of cannon fodder :roll:

i know non drinking is bad for some parts but crucal for us FLEET AIR ARM to busy to drink and like i said no one likes a drunk its ok at partys and stuff just not every friday night like squadies do i mean fridays your lucky to finish to get home before 6pm now thats a very late one for the navy on a friday when ships crews bugger off by 10am :LOL: :LOL: ships and air fleet are two different worlds i was picked for my clean-cut ways :LOL: :LOL: i think like you said you never hear of the navy out fighting its just not the done thing its looked at badly if they found out someone was fighting.

one guy who did get in a fight ashore wheb i first joined up got a rough time for 3 months even though there was no police involed outside the base and the person he was fighting was never found to ask what happend, he was charged under navel law andd the fact he had his and anothers blood stains on his tee shirt was enouth evidence lost paid extra dutys and no shore leave 3 months and people looked down on him for fightng. he never did it again ;)

anyway john dont worry i think karma will sort this mess out with the buses ;) ;) and sorry for post hopping :oops: :oops:

CTK":jfxita1w said:
I have to agree with you Andy- (about nobhead execs and riding on the pavement)

On my way back from work today I was riding along amongst slow traffic -slowly- undertaking only when traffic is stationary or very slow, and a chap in a big BMW spots me in his rear view mirror and pulls in closer to the kerb so I can't undertake him. Whats the bloody point? The traffic was moving slowly so I overtook him. Really had to resist the temptation to pull into the middle of his lane and go slow!

John I think should report the incident to the bus company and to the Police. I expect nothing will come of it though.

Sounds familiar although in my case it was a Bus that did it on purpose.

Treied to catch up hoping he'd get stuck at some lights so I could bang on the window and tell him to use his f**king mirrors or just stop being a twit!

Thankfully lots of the busses round here still have emergency stop buttons on the back, that latch in when you twat them.
Thankfully the law just at the mo doesn't make us have numberplates. .

elite504":1omnoyy4 said:
Thankfully lots of the busses round here still have emergency stop buttons on the back, that latch in when you tw*t them.
Thankfully the law just at the mo doesn't make us have numberplates. .

Brilliant... harsh on the passengers, but brilliant. I think that most buses round here have external engine cut off switches aswell?

Back