Project Proflex 9/12/12 page 5

You thought about getting a coil spring for the rear? I had a 'Speed Spring' on my Proflex and it rode very nicely for it. You might need some heavier oil in the shock to control the rebound though.

The shock you have is an ODS I believe. I had one. Anyway it is the easiest shock to work on. Take off the elastomers, with a spanner unscrew the shaft retainer in the shock body. Drain the oil, clean and refill with 30 weight oil, and that's it. It should be filled all the way. It just may be out of oil and seized up. If the o-ring on the cap is failed, a new one is easy to install. If you don't like the viscosity of the oil, change it to your likeing.

RDS has coil spring conversion kits for this shock also. Once you get going it works really good. I will bet your yellow elastomers have seen better days.

ooooohhhh!!!! i love you guys!!! :D :D :D

will have a look in a bit, got to catch up on the other 179 posts since i last logged on first though!!! :LOL:

was thinking about the coil conversion , all avenues and possibilities will be looked at!!

just contacted RDS, left some questions etc, awaiting reply with bated breath!! :D that website is my salvation!!

thanks so much for that link!! :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D

thanks guys

lots of familiar names in this forum!

yep, it's me, callum aka RDS. jonny's bike is one of the Ultrasport UK proflex X-series that has the ODS and so the cor springs will work fine with it. funnily enough, his black paint job looks identical to the black paint job I gave to the 856 that I rode in the singlespeed worlds last year - except, someone put a "singlepaed" sticker on it!!!

The x-series was a half-way-through-the-year model when Girvin brought forward their x57 range of bikes. the x-series were predominantly sold in the UK and came in three versions. Jonny's bike was the middle-spec version (equiv to an 856) with the lower spec one more like an 855.

great to see so many proflexes still going.

cheers
callum
rds

Re: Coming along nicely.

Grannygrinder":16z0r58t said:
Unfortunately i've only succeeded in making her heavier and more ugly.

No amount of hard work will ever make a Proflex look pretty...

Latest posts

Back