Re-using the packaging from other members when posting stuff

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I recently received a seat post from another member in some packaging that they had obviously received a post in from yet another member. I used the same packaging again to send a post that I sold last week and it got me thinking....how many times can we use the same jiffy bag/cardboard box to send a part to a fellow retrobiker before we get the same one back? :D Would it be like the 6 degrees of separation? :)

:LOL:

ive thought the same

last thing i got was a wheel packed in a big foil bag . inside that was some thick foam and lastly a carpet :LOL:

ive got a store of boxs and bubble wrap under a table :LOL:

Very important! Bicycles are meant to be green. I use small labels on mine so its easy for the next user to cover or remove, plus its 'low impact' from me.
No point putting it in a hole in the ground if we don't have to!

Do this all the time :cool: and also with jiffy bags, whip off the old label and away it goes on another trip.

yep - never bought any packaging yet - which must mean I buy *at least* as much as I sell and given I have a huge stockpile of padded envelopes etc I suspect I buy in fact *much more* than I sell :LOL:

I have had a 'returner' on another Forum. I remember clearly because I used a new jiffy ;) took about a month and a half to get back to me. It didn't want to stop its progress so I sent it on again, I think it is somewhere in N.I at the moment ;)

orange71":xu1dvoqv said:
yep - never bought any packaging yet - which must mean I buy *at least* as much as I sell and given I have a huge stockpile of padded envelopes etc I suspect I buy in fact *much more* than I sell :LOL:

+1 LOL

I really need to clear the "spares"sometime :roll:

Good thread!

My dad works in construction and when the electricians and kitchen fitters are in there are a lot of little boxes / sheets of bubble wrap generated...he collects everything up and brings it home for me to use :D

I reuse Jiffy Bags unless they are too damaged, at that point I cannibalise them and used the bubble wrap from inside and recycle the paper outer....one of my gripes are the ones where the bubble wrap is stuck to the paper, there's no need!

Cheers
Stu

Ive just sent nemo a frame in a box which i received from Drs which he had received from Defiant so i think that the box must of traveled a lot off miles so far.

Back