Ringlé Development parts: TRAIL STEM (picture heavy)

Re: ringle

obi-wan-mtb":21jr7gfl said:
:cool:
very nice thread!
Gee, those early stems, to bad they did not make it to the public.
The trail stem made it out there! It was just hard to come by. A tiny column inch in 1989/1990 MBA back page adverts. And CycleLand in Bromley brought a few in (now Bromley bike). But hard to come by. Speaking to Geoff, if he 'did it again', he'd use a distributor. They pretty much self distributed, certainly in the US. Using ony evolution imports in the UK to propogate the parts in the UK, and also a distributor in germany. The German affair didn't work out so good but I won't go into details as I don't want to be accused of Slander, but things went a little sour.
If you ask me nicely, I may have stem for you marcel :)

As the man says...

Here's an ad from the inside back page of an 89 MBA...

Mr K

Attachments

• Ringle Trail Stem ad.jpg
    Ringle Trail Stem ad.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 8,180
Ditto on the stems that didn't make it, they look awesome and now that there are V's (for how long, damn you discs!), it is a shame they didn't start making them.

Ian

I would kill for one of these in 120mm for my XCR-EC, litreally KILL! :twisted:
P2210242.jpg

I had a crack at one on eBay, must be a couple of years back now but it went for big coin... :cry:

Re: ...hmmmm

Stephen of Cardiff":3e8n2kfw said:
did x-lite do a similar looking stem for XC before the fly stem...i'm probably just getting scrambled flashbacks!
Yup, similar, obviously inspired, and maybe 4 years later. Gues it was deleted as it was just too damn expensive to make..

phew!

well i'm just happy that my mind is working correctly in the memoery department! when i saw these ringle ones i thought " i'm sure x-lite did ones like that" thanks for the info...

Back