My cheap Audiophile stereo

I have it setup 9 feet or so diagonally from each side. So in a sense it is a triangle.

Yea the new room will be bigger and I want the speakers place farther away because I may do a three channel setup with a surround processor. I will be building up some new speakers that have a tweeter and mid-range drivers on the back as well as the front of course. Like the EOSONE RSF-1000's. but they will have a completely separate cabinets from the bass drivers. I have been fond of the three channel audiophile setups that have been popular in HI-FI stores.

Any one have any experience with the three channel setups?

Attachments

• speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,816
This is my mate Giles ,studio,you should see some of his stuff

http://www.savalas.co.uk/

:shock: I think the speakers come in at £12000 each and they've got a few
He started off with a small studio in a spare bedroom
Man's doing well :D

Listening to any music at his place is incredible :D

I paid him a visit a few months or six ago.
The place is full of bikes too :D ,seems they all love cycling too :cool:

seeing all this kit makes me miss my first and best set up
mix of kenwood cd/yamaha eq/denon amp/technics turntables running cerwin vega mini towers (the old 12 inch bass versions)
used to love that stereo but moving into a bedsit made it somewhat impractical (landlord threatened to kick me out every time i even turned it on :cry: )
still we move on :cry: :cry:

rob

My setups:

Upstairs:

NAD 7220 Int Amp (underrated @ 20 WPC)
Dual 1225 Turntable w/ Grado MM cartridge (a cheaper one, still sounds gr:cool:
Technics CD Player
Paradigm Titan speakers on 30" stands

I'm very happy for the $450 spent putting it together. (The amp and table were free gifts.)

Downstairs:

Yamaha RX-V650 HT Receiver (basic... 105 WPC, probably more like 40 in real life!)
Some kind of Yamaha DVD player
Infinity Beta 50 Speakers
Mirage OM-C3 Center Channel
Garbage old tower rear speakers
Sansui FRX-____ speakers for the workspace on Channel B

To be honest, the old cast-off NAD/Paradigm setup upstairs sounds about as good as the more modern system downstairs! It's great to find stuff $100/200 at a time. '80s/'90s stereo gear is a bargain.

I'll post pics a little later on...

Back