Specialized Epic S-Works 2005 overhaul

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A few of you may know i have this bike,it has a big dent in the top tube which i put in it a while ago,Specialized have said itll be fine though but still annoys me,anyway i was hoping to buy a Yeti FS from MadCowKev but due to the crunch my works isnt paying any bonus so decided a cheaper option atm would be to overhaul the Epic.

Heres a pic of how it was...

100_2545.jpg

Stripped it down to frame components and took them into work...

DSC00145.jpg

Then media blasted the frame using fine powder as not to damage it(very thin) to 'key' the surface for painting,cranks got a going over too,3 coats of satin black and allowed to bake for a few hours to harden.New bearing kit was fitted to the pivots then i assembled again...

sworksb.jpg

sworksb2.jpg

sworksb3.jpg

Ordered some new decals from Germany,theyre the more modern type but are spot on,and assembled the rest,just got some Nobby Nic tyres to go on now and hit the trails. :cool:

swd1.jpg

swd2.jpg

swd3.jpg

swd4.jpg

swd5.jpg

swd7.jpg

swd8.jpg

swd9.jpg

Stunning! for me the M5 was such a beautiful frame especially in black, i loved mine, i will always regret exchanging her for a 06 carbon (doesn't have the looks or the feel when riding) and have promised myself one day i'll get another, a future class for sure. well done dude.

Attachments

• 05 M5 sworks 3.jpg
    05 M5 sworks 3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4,738
Thats Lush chap.. very nice job.. I might a very nice one for you too do if you fancy ;) please..... :LOL: :LOL:

Havnt test ridden the paint yet,although i have done cranks exactly the same before and theyre still black after many rides,i wouldnt want to offer to do others pride and joy until i now how durable my methods are.

Thanks for the comments guys,got Gil doing me some world cup band decals as the new ones didnt come with them.

Back