Team Miyata

Saddle up

Dirt Disciple
My 1990 50cm Miyata Team. Ideally I ride 52cm bikes so it shows more seat post than what would be considered normal for a more traditional geometry frame. I like the bike enough not to care too much.

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

Nitto bar and 3T stem, DA brake levers
DSC01369.jpg

Shimano 600 headset and brakes
DSC01368.jpg

Ultegra post andTurbo saddle
DSC01371.jpg

NOS Shimano 600 hubs and original spec NOS Wolber tubular rims
DSC01375.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

Modern FCR600 crankset and Ultegra pedals
DSC01374.jpg

DA shifters and deraileur
DSC01370.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

Miyata

Hello
That is truly beautiful, it looks like a lot of love went into that build. Functional and stylish.
Is it a NOS frame youve built up or just a lovingly looked after original?
I really like the colours and the mix of modern and older that blend so well you dont really notice.
Whether youve built it or just ride it you should be one happy person.

Jamie

ps: I ride a 49cm but could easily fit a 50 if your ever after a test rider for it? ;)

Hi Saddle Up

Yes, functional and stylish is what 1st comes to my mind too. Flawless also. Absolutely among the best of its era ...and still great.

Love the idea of owning its European equivilent, the Koga Miyata FullPro of the early 90s. We had no Miyata here. Currently only have the fork. Well, it is a start :roll:

Thanks for the really nice words everyone :D

Jamiedyer it's far from original, I built it the way you see it here though I did get it in excellent condition, I replaced a few parts that I thought did not suit the bike. It originally would have been a complete Dura ace build. It came to me with Campy Delta brakes for example. I am happy with the way it turned out thanks.

Inigo I know what you mean about the crank. I'm not 100% sold on them. They happened to be on hand and are the length that I wanted(165mm), I may give this bike to my wife, plus I wanted an external bearing BB. Regular double cranks with 53/42 chainrings look huge on this small frame so I'm not sure about a period correct crank.

Elev12 I just assumed Miyatas were available everywhere back then. Godd luck on finding the rest of the pieces you need for your bike.

Again everyone thanks. Now if winter would just go away.

As complete bike in the 1990 catalogue --->

3303907502_71fd01fc06_b.jpg

As frame only in the 1992 catalogue --->

3303078089_d9f3d9bb70_b.jpg

Back