My trusty old Alpinestars Almega

as far as i know thats right, i remember mike kloser riding for them. there was a race in "avimore" that was on channel 4, he had thumbies, upside down!..

burkeredh":27chgwls said:
before Alpinestars bikes was it known as M S Racing, i could be wrong, any ideas :?

Yup

ms.jpg

;)

Great bike, it was the one I really wanted back in the day. I will be looking for an Alpinestars frame once the Spesh is finished.

Alpinestars were cool, not too sure they were as cool when they went elevated (no offence!)

I met Mike Kloser and Time Davies at Horswells in Bournemouth, both were really great and cool to talk with, they went on to do a MTB photoshoot with MBUK in the Purbeck Hills, Dorset that afternoon.

for me the elevated ones were way cool , bit of individuality(although everyone built them then) like gt's
mike

Tim Davies is on this site, he should know more than most ;)
Alpinestars were massively popular in s.wales, possibly related to the importers being based in chepstow. I briefly commuted on fluffbombs MS racing a few years back.. what happened to it fluff?

I saw that Tim was on this site...his Clockwork Orange was the reason I got into Mountain Biking and bought an Orange about 6 months later having worked down Bournemouth seafront for the summer holidays...that bike has always had a special place in my heart! ;)

Back