Raliegh Maverick

That's the later Maverick - 1988 or thereabouts. The earlier one was a dark gunmetal colour and had Sachs New Success mechs.

I've never seen one but there was a Maverick Pro with a 531 frame designed by GoD that was out in 1986.

The Mustang was the bottom of the range.

That reminds me - I think I have some ever-ready lights (and brackets in white) in the garage that I must dig out

Knock the Maverick at your peril. Granted it was a cheapo but for it's day it was quite something. Frames made at the same factory as Muddy Fox.

Here's my 85 version with the usual Sakae, Suzie, Araya, Dia Compe, Suntour mix.

I have a full Deerhead groupo on it now, overkill I know but I'm just waiting for a better frame.

2443933340_8fcc759a13_o.jpg

NICE :D :D :D

First MTB I ever got a go on in 1985, way better than the Raleigh 3 speed I had at the time.

Also hired a 89 ish one in winter 89/90 in cumbria during a very bad winter. Rode it around Whinlatter woods on sheet ice covered timber roads, what a seriously good laugh, a friend even rode one around the edge of Talkin Tarn about 2 metres from the shore, smashing through the ice until he fell over :LOL:

Many of the best mtb memories are not on high end bikes :LOL: ;)

I had one of those in the late 80's... same colour as well.

Those were the days my friend i hope they will never end we sing and dance forever and a day... Memories sweet memories.

Back