Midlife crisis done differently

Crell

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've just bought a cruiser BMX which according to a friend is a mid life crisis. Novel (rather than buying a porsche say), but a mid life crisis none the less.

I blame my son for getting me sucked in to it, though I can probably say goodbye to my collarbones. I don't bounce like I used to.

Anyone else got one? I certainly wont be racing though. Not this year anyway.

it has priority after the road bike . i hope to have it done this year ready to race next year . was planning on racing this year but lack of funds

Picturexfvbcbvcvb001.jpg

here it is with old owner tim racing it at the 2005 worlds in france

worldstimmybike.jpg

plan on making it look a bit like this one

IMG_0236.jpg

No mid life crisis here (Just married crisis instead! :LOL: )

This summer I hope to be mostly riding this.......

P1010001-3.jpg

It was my first proper bike - kept and restored ;) :cool:

my mate has a sweet nirve cruiser, he says its the only one in the uk (but he says a lot of things...) i hope to make it mise soon

lewis1641":3n1l78ck said:
(but he says a lot of things...)

Everyone has a friend like that :LOL:

I couldn't buy a bike with history like that Perry, people might expect me to live up to it's heritage.

I've gone new school - a Formula Soultion

I would have got a Flight but having the same bike as my son would be just wrong :LOL:

I wish my 'midlife crisis had been like that and not a Thai girl :oops: I may still be married (or not) :? :LOL:

I'm in denial that I'm anywhere near mid life yet, getting closer though!

Anyway rather than buy a lighter new frame for my bombproof modern I bought a glorified big bmx come MTB, well its more of an MTB but shorter and heavier frame than current, should be fun. :cool: report when it gets here, should be here but paypal/ebay have messed things up :evil:

oh and I also bought a kids 80's BMX out of the classifieds here! :roll: :LOL:

Add the retro bikes and daft old wrecks of retro cars and yes not very healthy! :oops:

Back