1993 Tange Prestige Stumpjumper

SR stands for Sakae Ringyo

I think they were suntour's parent company, and made suntour cranks (and specialized) amongst many others

So i would guess Specialized, but pre-strongarm?

Andy

That is odd. Weren't Strongarms made by Sugino? My earlier 'flag' spesh cranks are also Sugino...

now running a full M900 XTR canti setup (big thanks go to mousemat, and miles from bristol bike jumble for lovely free spares). i have dropped the stem somewhat also, which means i now have the lovely "spacers above stem" look going on, and have changed the back wheel for one with a black rim. i got in a temper when i split a tube changing tyres last night though, so it isnt back together at the mo - photos when i put it back together

fatfixie":1s2fjx98 said:
Sugino is another satellite company of Sakae Ringyo if memory serves correctly..............

Andy

I do not think they are affiliated at all, although Sugino did make components under the SR (Sugino Royal) label, which further confuses the situation. SR-Sakae did purchase the Suntour after they failed, and the SR-Suntour brand resulted. I think parts are still marketed as Sakae, as well as SR-Suntour.

Sugino is also still around, and is still Sugino, just plain old under-appreciated Sugino. :cool:

utahdog2003":1rvrtx5y said:
fatfixie":1rvrtx5y said:
Sugino is another satellite company of Sakae Ringyo if memory serves correctly..............

Andy

I do not think they are affiliated at all, although Sugino did make components under the SR (Sugino Royal) label, which further confuses the situation. SR-Sakae did purchase the Suntour after they failed, and the SR-Suntour brand resulted. I think parts are still marketed as Sakae, as well as SR-Suntour.

Sugino is also still around, and is still Sugino, just plain old under-appreciated Sugino. :cool:

This probably doesn't help and I'm a retro newbie, but those cranks look exactly like mine on my Kona Cinder Cone '97 - defo Suntour (or whatever they were at the time!) on LX.

I have spare set if needed.

re:

I'm buildin my M2 stumpie FS -93 with an judy SL from 95-96 something. It seems to swallow the little higher Judy without a problem. Geometry seems just fine. I raced an M2 S-works back in the days with an Judy -97 and it also worked fine.

The later carbon fibre Judy FSX would look like a stormer on that steel frame i reckon! but loose that stem...

unfortunately, i never really gelled with this bike, so i'm parting it out

if anyone wants anything, give me a shout with an offer!

Back