Bike related injuries!

Years ago riding a steep slippy uphill on the Bontrager I came to a total stop. Seated, I went to unclip from some early SPD but the mud had clogged them. Staying balanced and trying to unclip, gravity and momentum quicklt got the better of me.

Bizarre stationary slo-mo fall to the side.

When It fell over the lovely brazed and glued TT cable guide managed to slice my shin and create a perfect A shape cut with the skin just hanging off. I didnt notice for about 10 mins when my shoes just started to feel weird and a bit squishy.

Lots of blood and a 7 mile ride then followed. I still have a tasty scar.

my mate crashed his road bike on a corner. he was down on his tri bars and front wheel washed on him. he flew towards a curb, instinctively covered his head with his arms and rammed the curb with his elbows. brike them both!

it makes me feel sick just thinking about it. couldnt do a thing for himself while recovering either!

my worst injury? a broken foot. rock and roll!

riding down a hill somewhere near Prudhoe, big ringing it down the hill, the back tyre let go on a curve, and I highsided......

knocked myself out for a bit, and then when I came round, had to lean on the bike to walk, turns out I fractured my pelvis in two places, but that was nothing to the pain of the nurse cleaning out the gravel rash :( it only hurt to stand, sit or lie down for two weeks :LOL:

(did a similar thing to OP on an old mini with 12" wheels, adjusted the brakes and spun the wheel to check, and ran my hand through the gap between the radius arm and tyre.... took all the skin off my fingers and a nail too.... fingers hurt SOOOO much!!)

John

Back