Dogs Bolx...

I had Chas make me one of those in July 1991. LOved it. Rode the hell out of it for many years then sold it to a friedn - it's now enjoying the sunshine in Barcelona.

Have to say though that while it's beautifully made it was simply not good compared to contemporary high-end zoot like Bontrager Race Lite (of which I had 3 after the DOgs Bolx), Mtn Goat Whiskeytown, etc.. the Dogs Bolx frame was pretty heavy and Justin Loretz had a hand in designing it - so it had really slack seat angle (and despite Chas saying every bike was 'custom' he largely stuck with a slack seat angle and short top tube) so it bombed singletrack and downhill but was crappy climbing.

My opinion anyway... still have fond memories of mine though. Was my first eye-wateringly expensive bike - I paid £1,800 for mine with XT gruppo in 1991(!)

Looking awesome. I'm jealous - but I know it's to small for me I or I too would have been trying to get my grubby mits on it :LOL:

I must get my Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas finished... head to head on BOTM?

:twisted:

Yum, thats a very nice looking frame. Whats it ride like?. Can remember seeing one in I think a really old issue of mbuk but strangely had a campag groupset on even though its set up as a mtb.

Back