Give us a Kish..another Kish..Defiants Race

Harryburgundy":3n7dv3da said:
OrangeRetro":3n7dv3da said:
:shock:

Carl, my god that is nice.. no.. not just nice, bloody awesome..

Just a tip, stop messing around with cable discs.. Scant has got a lovely set of silver hope mono's in the for sale section for £120.. a steal no less. they would look great on that... ;)

Thanks mate...to be fair...I have gained a lot of respect for cable disc...always thought they were cheap mans 'proper' disc..but not BB7's....they are fecking great.

Cheers, Carl

Second that, BB7's rock big time ;)
You're not going SS or Rohloff with the slider dropouts?
That Kish is a sweet frame btw

Nothing beats a well build steel frame imho, been working on mine to

Bigwheel

You're not going SS or Rohloff with the slider dropouts?

Oh yes....SS. Thats a Hope SS hub, a bit like a King SS hub in that its just a shorter freehub. Better for chain alignment over screw-on freewheel in my opinion.

Thanks for you comments chaps....should be finished soon.

Very, very nice Carl - I'm seriously envious :oops: Something like that makes all my bikes look like the "cheap Kona tat" that they are.
'Course it'll still get dirty.... :LOL:

I'm another who'd go down the hydraulic disc route though - IMHO a nice set of Magura Marta SL's in silver would look much nicer (and work better and be more fit-and-forget). The Avid calipers always look big and cheap to me - not that I'm any sort of style guru, obviously :oops:

errm ...your pedals look very close to the ground!or is it just the picture.....love the frame ...wouldnt mind seeing yellow judies on there with some splash of red n green elsewhere.

gibbleking":3e4jstpj said:
errm ...your pedals look very close to the ground! or is it just the picture ?

Now you mention it, they do - even with the back wheel an inch or so higher in that stand. They look like long cranks (180mm?) and ,of course, with the 26" wheels being a bit smaller than 650 that drops the BB height.

650b wheels = 27.5" so your BB will be dropped by approx 3/4 of an inch...

Nowt to worry about I reckon.

CTK":3ubwza94 said:
650b wheels = 27.5" so your BB will be dropped by approx 3/4 of an inch...

Nowt to worry about I reckon.

That's about right....didn't think about it until it was posted here...can't see it being a problem.

Back