MacRetro/NE Yorks 28th Feb Jedburgh meet

Hi Lads

Hi Guys
AC, I hope you feel better soon, and we'll catch up at the next one.
I am in the process of building my singlespeed Stumpy to bring along and get some practice on.
Pretty skint lately so its just getting built with bits I have around with the exception of the singlespeed spacer, cog and tensioner which I got for £20 quid. I just need to get a chain, new seatpost ( I seem to have lost my original one), brake cable and shorter chainring bolts.
I got the old Stumpy out the loft fitted a new set of forks I had lying under a bed, S works stem, new team bars in red I got from sidekick early last year, some XT brakesthe original LX crank and some wheels that arnt really retro. I picked them up around 2001 on sale. They are french Mach 1 race editions, good light wheels and for the moment just stuck on some old cheap spesh tyres, these I will probably change before the weekend.
Getting there but should have it finished and a quick shakedown ride just before I have to leave. Will bring one of the others just in case.
Looking forward to it.
Heres a couple of pics.

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

looking good jamie :cool: , will be good to see you again, what sort of distance will you rack up coming to this meet? you are the roy castle of the retro bike world, dedication is what you need.........if you want to be a record breaker

Might have received the Falcon Pathfinder frame and forks before the meet, considering building it up quickly for a shakedown run at Jedburgh.
Big problem with the Alpinestars, top tubes too short for my elongated self and thus whatever adjustments I make to my ride position do not inspire confidence. May have to sell it on :roll:
Jumbo sized bikes that are any good are as rare as hens teeth, cheapo stuff like Falcon Pathfinders and Spesh Hardrocks seem to be all thats available in my limited price range in big enough sizes.
Good thing I like cheapo Blue Collar bikes :D

Dr.S are you the only Englisher who's going to make it or do you have other ultra shy compatriots lined up ?

Cheers

Jamie really likin the look of the Stumpy :cool:

Velo, that Dave Yates not tickle your fancy?

Its here, my Pathfinder has arrived and its a beaut, least ways I think so.

Custard Yellow paintjob in good nick, tatty transfers but I have NOS transfers for the bike. 22inch frame, lugged with Reynolds 500 main triangle. Only fly in ointment is obviously cheapo Falcon unicrown fork which will probably be replaced with a Tange Chromoly one at a later date.

I'm going to get it built up for Jedburgh in 18speed with friction thumbies and canti's.

The bike looks late 80's so Kaiser's KHS will have elderly company.

Cheers

Back