Road Grime of Garment's.....

mustamusta

Retro Guru
I have had the Pleasure of Riding during the SNOW over the past weeks... and NOW have All my Bright Jackets full of Black resedue... and it is not looking like an easy washing will get it off...... :oops: :oops:

I KNOW I should have used Mud Guards... but too late NOW :cry: :cry: :cry:

ANY ONE HAS A MAGIC FORMULA/RECIPE TO GET THOSE JACKETS BACK TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

:( My luminous greeny/yellow one has just gone a greyish greeny yellow and looks crap.

I understand Lidl are doing their cycle stuff next week.
There are some cycling waterproofs every year, I have one, it's alright. Not as good as my Goretex coat, but about 1/10 of the price.

Oxy Action spray and/or Dry Cleaning fluid on the stains beforehand. Standard routine if you have kids under the age of vanity...

581.gif

the messssssssssssssssssss

many thanks for the helpful info... :)

I tried few options and looks like new outfits are on the menu... as it is the easiest and best option.... and will leave one or two for Rainy days :oops: :oops:

lesson learnt... and weather man will be taken seriously :LOL:

shame the 250-quid snow boarding jacket had the same fate :evil: :evil:

$hit happens I guess :roll:

Has any one had experience with something for motorbikes that is supposed to be good for getting read of major soiling and mess!!!!!!!

not that I do it any more, I used to commute by motorcycle and the roadgrime from the winter would muller my goretex jacket. In teh end the yellow one had to go. I then understood why the hardcore choose black. .

You can try putting Nikwax Techwash direct onto the jacket and work in. Then wash as normal with Techwash and then reproof with TX Direct. I found it gets out most stains including grease!

Back