i seem to have gone full circle

THWANG-666

Senior Retro Guru
i seem to have gone full circle from ridged to hardtail then short travel full susser to long travel now im back to the beginning this time last year i had a gary fisher cake dlx and a blur xc and now a saracen fast trax and a gt avalanche le to build. you know what i dont miss the sussers at all any one else done the same.
regards thwang

I have done exactly the same. I'm sure I'll end up with a full susser again at some point as the circle goes around again... :LOL:

Not actually completed the circle really, My first front sus bike came in 2003, and I have a used FS frame i got off a mate, I've still not built up yet, but most recent riding has been on rigids!

TBH I've been putting off FS and prob 7" travel available on this will be too much, or maybe I'll turn into a huck master overnight! :LOL:

i'm generally a front suss person but i got the st4 for wales and the occasional trip to the alps etc but i found myself using it alot last summer generally, but since then i finshed the clockwork, then got the kona back then finished the ali O so i have found myself riding rigid again, haven't used the st4 that much recently.

i do consider myself very lucky that any of those bikes are there in the garage for when i decide thats the right bike for todays ride etc.

i do think rigid is the way forward offroad for the winter though.

:D

jonnyboy666":3a77zah1 said:
i do think rigid is the way forward offroad for the winter though.

:D

True. Their will always be a place for rigid.
Cycling across Asia for example. A suser springing a leak would bring a ride to holt unless a local is a rockshok dealer. A good steel fork can be repaired with no problem in any small town of village.

Back