Forced off the road by a bus. Complain or let it slide?

spoke to the bus co today. Surprisingly enough fobbed off between two depots. Will contact Police later in the week as indicated in my email and letter to the bus co.

whatever your opinions there isn't much chance in going out on the bike for 20,40,60 miles whatever round country lanes and riding the pavement. It'd be awkward and most don't have pavments.

i knocked a fella flying years ago on the path . it was a long steep uphill and i has head down making the bike twist under me . next thing i know im on the ground and a bloke is lying a few feet in front of me . i was a bit dumbfounded and took a few moments to regain my composure just as he was realising what had happened . he wasnt best pleased as he chased me up the road :LOL: why didnt he move ? mustave seen me and realised i wasnt looking :?

id have been on the road but i went into the rear of a parked car the exact same way a week before leaving a sizeable dent in the boot lid :LOL:

it was all about getting to where you wanted to be the quickest way possible back then . all summer the roads were solid with morons trying to drive to the beach and not leaving space between each other so paths were often the only option . ive never seen the point walking on a path with a bike , you become twice the width and are there for twice as long as if you just rode

a mate of mine got nudged by a taxi once , so he threw his bike at the windscreen . i guess the driver had his pit crew change it , the way they drove they must be racing drivers :roll:

I have to agree with you Andy- (about nobhead execs and riding on the pavement)

On my way back from work today I was riding along amongst slow traffic -slowly- undertaking only when traffic is stationary or very slow, and a chap in a big BMW spots me in his rear view mirror and pulls in closer to the kerb so I can't undertake him. Whats the bloody point? The traffic was moving slowly so I overtook him. Really had to resist the temptation to pull into the middle of his lane and go slow!

John I think should report the incident to the bus company and to the Police. I expect nothing will come of it though.

Complain! i would, bus drivers should do better, the last person to knock me clean off didn't even notice! she was about 80, out on a sunday drive in her morris traveller, while overtaking me a oncoming car appeared round the next corner and she just moved over, sending me over the handle bars and into the hedge, the other driver stopped to see if i was ok, and said he flashed his lights and sounded his horn at her which she replied with a friendly wave! bless! i always give cyclists loads of room even the ones on those silly road bikes :LOL: .

fobbed off...

Thank you for your email regarding the driving standards and conduct of our driver on route 64 in Birdingbury on 14 February 2009.

I am very sorry that you have felt it necessary to contact me under these circumstances.

The details that you have provided have enabled me to identify the driver concerned who will be interviewed formally in due course.

The health and safety of all of our customers and of course other road users is always our first priority but clearly from your comments it is evident that this particular driver fell well below the standards that we insist on and compromised this position.

We also expect all of our drivers to be polite and professional at all times and again this has not been the case.

All of your comments will be put to our driver during the disciplinary interview but unfortunately due to certain constraints placed upon me, I will not be able to divulge the outcome or disclose any responses. Needless to say that this matter is taken very seriously and any appropriate action will be taken.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any distress caused by this incident and I thank you for taking the time to bring it to my attention.

Regards

Mr xxx
Assistant Operations Manager

John":9sb92fnp said:
fobbed off...

Thank you for your email regarding the driving standards and conduct of our driver on route 64 in Birdingbury on 14 February 2009.

I am very sorry that you have felt it necessary to contact me under these circumstances.

The details that you have provided have enabled me to identify the driver concerned who will be interviewed formally in due course.

The health and safety of all of our customers and of course other road users is always our first priority but clearly from your comments it is evident that this particular driver fell well below the standards that we insist on and compromised this position.

We also expect all of our drivers to be polite and professional at all times and again this has not been the case.

All of your comments will be put to our driver during the disciplinary interview but unfortunately due to certain constraints placed upon me, I will not be able to divulge the outcome or disclose any responses. Needless to say that this matter is taken very seriously and any appropriate action will be taken.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any distress caused by this incident and I thank you for taking the time to bring it to my attention.

Regards

Mr xxx
Assistant Operations Manager

sounds like you need to bring it to the attention of the police sharpish then hunt him down suffolk style and torture the loser driver he seems rude and deserves it pm me for tips ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

im a nice guy :D :D i just have high standards of conduct i just think the nation is in need of disipline i think it had somthing to do with the 5 years i spent from 16-21 in the navy attached to the marines out in iraq that makes me think the rest of the nation has a lot to learn about give and take and looking out for and after each other.

take the bus driver he prob hates his job, so instead of looking out and getting another job he just takes it out on others and thinks it is ok to do so its that way of thinking i dispise :twisted: and so i let people know that to there face straight and make them deal with it he works really well a lot of the time :shock: but to people il gun down with out thinking and have done is men hitting women got help a guy if he does that in front of me and theifs. i court three ladds braking into my garge two i fully broke the last ran screaming :roll: what did they expect :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: polite words :LOL: :LOL: i also got threatned with legal action that got dropped fast :cool:

I'm not sure what else you would want from the bus company. They have apologised and said the driver will be given a disciplinary...

Back