89 KB · Views: 1,869
  • Speakers!.JPG
    Speakers!.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,869
  • spare stuff.JPG
    spare stuff.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,869
legrandefromage":2dobjlvw said:
Is that a MF Electra amp? Linn TT? That MF probably runs warmer than the valve amp below. ;)

LOL, yeah it's an Elektra E100, slightly warm sounding too but suits me.
Close on the Linn, its actually an Ariston RD90 Superieur, quite a rare deck by most standards and IMO better than the "mighty" (?) LP12 in quite a few aspects.
It's got an AKITO arm and a Goldring 1012 (soon to be 1042) cart.
Since the q was how much did it cost, I paid £120 for the deck and arm. The E100 I got at 40% of the retail, which I think was £600 so that would be £240.

W W Biffta":2dobjlvw said:
i like it, nice valves, but what is going on there? valve phono, transistor pre, and valve power? i had an elektra e10 a while back. did like that big friendly nob

Nah, the valve is an old pre power Tripletone that I was given and have since restored. It isn't in the loop 90% of the time, I just sometimes swap the E100 over for the valve amp when I play CD's to try and give the damn evil discs a bit of life :roll: :LOL:

My 'Tatty AV' system is a Sky + box, Cambridge Audio Azure DVD , £10 Car boot power amp, freebie Cambridge Audio P50 power amp and TAG McLaren AV32R prototype.

Theres also a Sony DAT machine hiding in the cupboard and a Pioneer CD recorder that hasnt been used since about 2006.

I flogged the fancy gear a long time ago to fund a nervous brake down after I was made redundant.

Very nice :D ,you have something for everything :LOL:
Though you arent improving the sound by having the speakers 16" apart, 6 to 8 feet will be fine unless your in a massive room[there seems to be a misconception that speakers placed far apart will project the sound better.

Nope.

Think triangle on where you will roughly be listening from

----------------------------------------------------------
My set up i mainly based around my computer with a cambridge audio A5,linked to a pair of Marantz HD160's that i fitted terminals to the back of
I did some joinery for a mate in exchange for the amp,got it home to find there isnt a headphone jack :shock:
I cannot live without headphones :(
The sony one i had at the time got fried

Back