My cheap Audiophile stereo

Yeah you are right. These are very easy to drive. I have set them up 9 feet apart but my new place the speakers will be 16 feet apart. The amp is a little over kill but having the availability to turn it up and have nothing wrong is nice. This was the only quality amplifier I could find at the time. The volume it way to touchy so when I want to listen to it at low volumes I have the input sensitivity low on the EQ and the display level turned up to see what I am frequency's pushing. They don't say too much. I will be getting some old manuals for some of the components and the speakers.

Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• SL736575.JPG
    SL736575.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • SL736576.JPG
    SL736576.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • eq.JPG
    eq.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,487
Cool!

I'm cheating a bit becuase I used work in a high end Hifi shop doing installs, run a mid range shop for a while AND work for some well known UK manufacturers:

Wharfedale

Quad

Mission

TAG McLaren Audio.

I still refurbish speakers but I concentrate more on bikes now.

The 32 year Pioneers I sold last year:

Attachments

• Pioneer speakers.jpg
    Pioneer speakers.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,478
Those speaker make my Mission 760's look very inferior, they are on Cyrus stands though ;)

I used to have some Pioneers like that. I also had some JBL L110's but I gave them to my dad with some Yamaha Natural Sound Components. His stuff gotten stolen in a house break in.

You also did not answer my question. ;) :D

some of the systems I had for a while when I worked for some top UK manufacturers
v.nice system you had there. you worked for tag maclaren? did they change the design much when they took over audiolab? mate of mine had a full audiolab set up not long before mclaren bought them up. he was going to "upgrade" to the newer stuff but in the end we both preferred the sound of what he had so he didnt bother. we are both tannoy dual concetric only on the speaker front so he had a pair of d700 front and 611 rear. that was so sweet to listen to, but no way i could ever afford that level so it kind of spoilt me a bit.
i've got a rotel amp array, 4x970 powers in monoblock for the front with a rotel av doing the pre and surround, tannoy 663 front 605 rear, no cd player anymore, plugged into a laptop/usb soundcard, modded thorens td155 turntable with a rb300 arm. its all sooo midrange lol
my setup bitd at university/on the dole was car bot special but its amazing what you could get back before ebay. pride and joy though was a home made twin 12" music driver subwoofer that used to be a kitchen cabinet. was a 2 man job to move it, got alot of complaints about the noise..

I get that all the time. 12 acre Property is still too small to have a setup like mine. I get the cops called up a few times here and there. I get told it sound like a CLUB next door.

BikesINPortlandOREGON":2ii66yq1 said:
Anyone have anything like this on here? I know some of you like to have some tunes while you work on bikes.

I thought this was Retro, where's the turntable?? ;)
This is my setup, used to work in Hi Fi many many moons ago so had a couple of nice cheap scores :cool:

RIG.jpg

The Audiolab v TAG McLaren arguement was quite fierce until people grew up - the redsigned TAG stuff was different and more reliable/ stable with different speaker designs than the Audiolab 8000 series.

And, what was the question again Bikesinportland...?

Back