subwoofer problems.

My home cinema setup uses a Yahama HTR-5630 as it's main amp. On the remote I have a button marked 'levels'. Pressing this, following by some arrow keys allows me to adjust the volume level of every speaker connected to the system. Pretty sure the sub is on that menu.

Has yours got something similar?

mk1Matt":1x4xb19i said:
My home cinema setup uses a Yahama HTR-5630 as it's main amp. On the remote I have a button marked 'levels'. Pressing this, following by some arrow keys allows me to adjust the volume level of every speaker connected to the system. Pretty sure the sub is on that menu.

Has yours got something similar?

its on the model up from his machine...

im gunna give the eltax another go in the morning with the suggested method of connection and take it from there.i used to have a brilliant haarmen kaarden dts amp,,,2 active big bastard subs ,celestion center,canon r&l fronts and some sod off big ninja turbo nutter warfdale rears ....thast would shake the walls.......i bought this amp thinking it had dts ....oh well....still nice and loud though. :p

ok now i seen what you got, i agree with legrandfomage there. you definately want to think about getting a diff a/v unit. if you wanna use surround, dolby digital/dts is a base point, then you will have all the channels indiviually adjustable. it will have prologic1 too if you are especially keen on it. i used to like playing with analogue surround filters listening to music, rips the mix to pieces and sprays it round the room :)
if you got a few quid to throw at it i can recomend investing in a meridia a/v processor. no amps, but fully upgradable and awsome sound quality.

sadly im stuck with the yamaha as i had to barter to get that ...still at least the sound is nice...would have preferred dts tho.my bad for not reading the details....cuuuuuuuuuurse you ebay......burn in hell.

man i got one in my loft doing nothing cos the amp end of it blew, bodged it so the pre stage still gets power all the filters work. problem is it weighs mucho kilo, no way i could get it to the post office.
lol i just read your sig there... so damn true :)

im thinking of adding a sub section to my sig adding my luck continues into the world of electronics....bought amp...grr wrong one.....bought sub ...grr cant adjust volume.....bought another sub...drove 56 mile round trip....rrrr amp doent like it.......goes out and jumps off cliff..ps the eltax is a lump as well so im hoping the buyer collects...thanks for the thought tho mate cheers.

Back